Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Raceholster options for glock 34/ Open Glock 17

Jaycwebb

Hey all!

I'm currently shooting a Glock 34 in Limited and will also be moving into a 17 Open gun sometime by the end of the year.

I'm looking for race holster reccomendations for both Limited and Open. Ideally I'd like to be able to use the same holster for both sets.

Having the same holster for both could be tricky... My buddy runs a ghost the attaches only at the trigger guard area, that would probably work... I use a Model 014 from safari land for my limited 35, and it is everything I have ever dreamed of. I imagine that a 17 open may fit it, depending on the compensator used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Race Master all the way. Great retention, especially when locked. Very nice placement of the lock lever allows easy one hand operation to lock. When locked at the draw just let your finger hang a little low and it sweeps the lock off without affecting the draw.

Here's some pics(not the best, but you'll get the idea) when I was fitting mine with a fresh off the mill thumb rest. We made a longer drop rod to get the gun a little lower, for my extra long arms.

nsd6V05l.jpg

WMRFTeDl.jpg

rX0xHFMl.jpg

lbTnEt8l.jpg

Edited by toothandnail

Why did you settle on the SJC mount over the Carver?

I'm starting to build an Open 34 and I have debating on the mounts.

Are you sending it in to get the ejection port lowered?

CR Speed will work for both Open and Limited even after modification (Which is required for carver mount). You will move the muzzle mount for the length of your comp or barrel depending on the div you are shooting.

Why did you settle on the SJC mount over the Carver?

I'm starting to build an Open 34 and I have debating on the mounts.

Are you sending it in to get the ejection port lowered?

I've held both mounts, and to me the Carver mount felt a little too "forward heavy."

• 2 weeks later...

Ran mine with an sjc mainly because it allows more holster options over the modified cr speed that's required for the carver. I am not a fan of the cr speed as the retention is an issue and not near as solid as the Racemaster. The ability to draw through the lock of a cr speed is what turned me off to them

• 4 months later...