Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Salomon Speedcross 3 arrived

While we were out of town my Speedcross 3 shoes arrived. I had heard that they ran a little tight. I normally wear a 12 so was going to buy a 12.5, but found that 12's and 13's were $20 cheaper than 12.5's. So I bought 13. They are a little big, but fit better than the other Salomons I have in 12 (can't remember the style, but they fit a little tight and by the end of the day I feel it), so think they will work fine. If I like them as well as I think I will, I will wait for 12.5 to be on sale next time I buy some. I just looked and see that I could buy Fell Raisers in 12.5 at the cheaper price. Don't know the difference. It looks like the soles are slightly different between the 2. Anyway, I am happy with these.

try: www.shoebuy.com, that is where I purchased mine through. In addition to the lower prices, look for the "sales codes" on the main page, there is usually an extra 10-15% off. Also, there is free shipping and returns if necessary. I placed my order on a Monday and had them by Thursday of the same week.

Only down side is I get emails every few days from them, which has cost me a bit extra since my wife discovered them. :roflol:

Edited by bajaholic

Still waiting on wide versions before I can even consider them. :(

Yes, it would be nice if they were offered in wide sizes. I think I could use them a little wider, but I think these will work fine. I have "funny" feet in that I must wear a much larger size than I measure because my arch is forward or some such thing. Years ago (I am showing my age) when stores always measured your feet, they would insist that I need a smaller size.

• 2 weeks later...

With the Speedcrosses, I always wear other shoes to the range and change into them there. Concrete and asphalt will shorten the life significantly. Barely got 8 months out of my first pair b/c of wearing them to/from the range. Second pair lasted much longer. Tread is pretty soft.

Still waiting on wide versions before I can even consider them. :(

Yes, it would be nice if they were offered in wide sizes. I think I could use them a little wider, but I think these will work fine. I have "funny" feet in that I must wear a much larger size than I measure because my arch is forward or some such thing. Years ago (I am showing my age) when stores always measured your feet, they would insist that I need a smaller size.

Oh, and Yes your age is hanging out. Did they have you stick your feet in a machine, saying they could see the foot structure. That was great fun.

Like Shooter116 said, tread is very soft, which helps with their grip on soft surfaces. Wearing them to and from the range, depending on how much you shoot - and what you do in between the range and home - will drastically lessen their lifespan. I'm on my 3rd pair, and got about double the life on my first pair that I did on the second pair. I didn't wear the first pair anywhere except the range, got lazy with the second pair and they lasted about 8 months.

Since getting speed cross 3's I've noticed my 3 gun score have gone up. I think the increased footing and being comfortable all day have helped. Over the last 3 matches my scores have been an avg or 4% higher compared to the class winner.

Took me a long time to find a pair of Fellcrosses in 12.5. We'll worth the wait. They fit perfectly, are super comfortable, and have every bit as much traction/ stability as the speed crosses.

• 3 weeks later...

I looked at these on an app called Wish. They sell stuff from all over including Europe. Lots of SC 3's for $70 and some less. Not sure if I would trust an overseas company but if money is an issue it might be worth the gamble.

As far as the tread wearing fast for these shoes.

Try the spikecross, the sole is a bit stiffer and they have little steel spikes.

I only use them at the range, I change into them when I show up to the range. They do not wear nearly as fast

I'm also a avid trail runner here in Colorado and I agree the speedcrosses wear fast.

The spikecross was designed for running in adverse conditions namely ice/snow (that translates nicely in shooting matches in adverse conditions). they are a little warm in the summer (doesn't bother me) but they can grip like no other shoe, grips like a cleat but is light and agile.

Edited by aaronsdmf