Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheap ammo Cheap

BOOM

Between Wally Word's Federal sale price and the Winchester $2 / box rebate the ammo situation is looking up :goof: .

I even saw a shelf full of .22 LR at the Gander Mountain a few weeks ago.

Both of my semi auto 12 gauges don't like the cheap Federal.

-Jason

My Versamax eats this stuff like candy. Can't beat the price for range time. Not much luck with 22lr around here, maybe soon....

In my browning A5 I won't cycle proper with the bulk Federal. Almost any other shell will cycle except Federal. Same thing happens in my Benelli. Both were freshly cleaned and lubed.

-Jason

I have never run into a Benelli M1/M2 that would not run a 1 1/8 ounce Federal bulk pack! When I buy ammo for amigos that are traveling like Kelly Neal and Taran Butler this is the "spec. Ammo"!!!

My browning A5 (new model) and M2 both cycle Federal bulk pack

I Might need to replace the friction rings or the recoil spring because my a5 is the old Light 12 Made in Belgium.

Maybe I got a bad batch because my buddies Mossberg doesn't like the federal either.

-Jason

I have never run into a Benelli M1/M2 that would not run a 1 1/8 ounce Federal bulk pack! When I buy ammo for amigos that are traveling like Kelly Neal and Taran Butler this is the "spec. Ammo"!!!

Mine would occasionally have issues with the cheap bulk ammo at Walmart and the "Top Gun" version sold in 250rd cases......in the area of 2-5 per 250, but always during a match. I switched to Federal Premium and all issues instantly went away.

I tried Winchester universal bulk ammo at Walmart and had just as many issues, if not more. The hull felt thin, weak, and unstable compared to the AA hulls.

After trying all of the above and more, may favorite shells are Winchester AA's ($79/case at Rogers Sporting Goods then $20/case rebate) and paper hulled Federal Premium ($79/case). The paper hulls don't quad load multiple times well, but they smell different when shooting, and not in a bad way.

Edited by EaZeNuTZ33