Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Arkansas Section Multi gun

Finally, the Multi Gun match you have been waiting for. Arkansas Section Multi gun is one of the best USPSA MG matches you will ever shoot. Staff shoots October 16 and 17, competitors shoot on October 18 and 19. Ten stages, 250+ rounds. Host Club is Old Fort Gun Club in Fort Smith, Arkansas.

Stages are in the final updating, and will be posted very soon. Good balance of guns, some interesting props. Springfield Armory is back with their supoprt program. That means there will be some Springfield XDM's, 9mm 5.25" barrel, by random draw among ALL shooters, regardless of finish position.

Entry form, with some more details and contact information, is attached. Match hotel info is also attached. More information will be coming soon.

Bruce

Entry form 2014 MG Section match.pdf

Candlewood rates.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yes, I know things have been a little slow on the uptake on this match. As you may know, our local crew finished USPSA Area 4 here at OFGC early in September, and that took a lot of time. Stages have been submitted for approval, which is required before squadding can start. Unfortunately, the USPSA Nationals came shortly after Area 4, and the folks in charge of approving stages got wrapped up with Nationals. Those are over, and we expect approval within a few days. We will notify everyone as soon as squadding is open.

In the meantime, I am attaching PRELIMINARY stages. Please understand that these may look different when they get approved and on the ground, but at least this will give you a start. Round count looks like: Handgun, 94; Rifle, 100; Birdshot (Number 7 1/2 or smaller, please), 72; and slugs, 4.

Slots are still available. Entry form is attached, so get you can get in the game. Late fee will be waived for entries received by October 14.

If you have not made motel reservations, try the Candlewood Suites. Call the direct number at (479) 424-3800, ask for the "Gun Club Rate" to get some special rates. An alternative is The LaQuinta, also close to the range, and a little cheaper. Call them direct at (479) 484-0303. Ask for the company rate under the name "OFGC" for their special deal. Both of these properties are 'gun friendly' and you should not receive any static about carrying guns, ammo, etc. into the property.

If you are coming to the match by air, let me know if you want to ship ammo direct to me, rather than try to carry it on a plane. brucebethell@sbcglobal.net I will get you shipping information.

Prize table looks good. There will be at least two Springfield Armory XDm's, 5.25 competition packages, by random draw among all shooters.

We are getting cranked up for this match, and hope to see you here in a few weeks.

Bruce

(479) 785-4558 (daytime number)

Entry form 2014 MG Section match.pdf

Ar Section MG stages preliminary.pdf

Tell Joshua to bring his wife. We'll sing Happy Birthday, maybe even get her a cake. I shot a match on my 35th Wedding Anniversary. Had everybody at the match sign an IPSC Target with "Best Wishes -- Happy Anniversary, Suzanne!" My wife said it was the best anniversary card she had ever received. :)

Look forward to seeing you at the match.

Bruce

RANGE TO TARGET: Rifle will have a few flash targets, with 10" plates, at 100 yards out to 300 yards. Four slug targets, 10" or larger steel plate flashers, at 50 to maybe 60 yards. Slots are still available. Squadding is open at USPSA self squadding for folks who have entered. I realize time is a little short. If you want, email your entry form to me at brucebethell@sbcglobal.net and pay when you get here. Late fee is waived.

Bruce

Stages 1 through 8 are basically next to each other. Stage 9 is around the corner, also pretty easy walking. Stage 10 is maybe a little further aways, but not too far. Maybe a couple hundred yards. Easy walking distance, but you could use a car to move between stages 9 and 10, if you want. Our Range is flat, grass, and easy walking.

Bruce