Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats the call

dqshooter

OK, here's the situation; The RM is called to a stage for a steel cal., he arrives makes his way to the front of thee stage. The RO clears the stage and ensures no one is downrange. The range is clear, the RO gives the RM make ready, the RM draws his gun, a competitor enters the shooting area air gunning and runs up the Lt side of the shooting area and stops even with the RM (he was past) after the gallery and both RO's yell stop several times. The RM looks over sees the shooter and DQ's the shooter for safety. What is your call, DQ or NOT, yes this happened today.

Rule?

Perhaps 10.6.2 "Other persons may be expelled from the range for conduct which a Range Officer deems to be unacceptable. Examples of unacceptable conduct include, but are not limited to, failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official, interference with the operation of a course of fire and/or a competitors attempt thereof, and any other behavior likely to bring the sport into disrepute."

Perhaps 10.6.2 "Other persons may be expelled from the range for conduct which a Range Officer deems to be unacceptable. Examples of unacceptable conduct include, but are not limited to, failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official, interference with the operation of a course of fire and/or a competitors attempt thereof, and any other behavior likely to bring the sport into disrepute."

Yep, that one...

Just to make sure I understand what happened. Did the shooter stop when he was told to? Is it possible the shooter did not know there was a calibration going on. Unless he failed to follow the stop command, or was just being an ass I could not DQ that shooter. If I was the shooter I would arb that in a minute.

Just to make sure I understand what happened. Did the shooter stop when he was told to? Is it possible the shooter did not know there was a calibration going on. Unless he failed to follow the stop command, or was just being an ass I could not DQ that shooter. If I was the shooter I would arb that in a minute.

Agreed. Still not enough info to make a call for me. I probably would have to see it to know for sure.

In this case the R.O. Did not clearly say clear the range as half the squad didn't hear it . It's the ro's job to keep a eye on his squad as anyone knows you can't hear anything at double tap because the bays are so close together . Between the two ro's and the match director this should have never happened and the shooter did stop once told to do so .

The shooter was the on deck shooter and did NOT hear the instructions as indicated. He was totally shocked when he was told he was DQ'd. He arbitrated and the DQ was overturned.

The shooter was the on deck shooter and did NOT hear the instructions as indicated. He was totally shocked when he was told he was DQ'd. He arbitrated and the DQ was overturned.

As it should have been

As it should have been

+1

Rule?

10.6.2 can't apply to registered competitors. "Other persons" clearly means people who are not competitors. Since noncompetitors can't be DQ'ed, this rule gives the match officials the authority to deal with them if needed.

In this case the R.O. Did not clearly say clear the range as half the squad didn't hear it

I forget, does that come before or after "Eyes and Ears" & "Going hot!" on the list of official USPSA range commands?

:D

Yowser! Glad the shooter paid the $ and got that overturned.

Hard to second guess unless a person was actually there, and I was not. But perhaps the RM needs a little tune-up.

Hard to second guess unless a person was actually there, and I was not. But perhaps the RM needs a little tune-up.

Since the OP was the RM, I'm guessing these aren't the kind of responses he was hoping for.

Since the OP was the RM, I'm guessing these aren't the kind of responses he was hoping for.

I just went back and read it again. If he was the RM it sure wasn't that clear.

LOL! So much for USPSA transparency! I would have to first figure out his screen name, then figure out he is an RM and then figure out he was the DT RM! Can't believe I missed that! :roflol:

So an RM really thought he could DQ a shooter for that? Sounds like he just got mad and had to yell something, anything. And YOU ARE DQ'ed came to mind before, Hey did you hear me, I said clear the stage!!

Hope and Change?

Sounds similar to a shooter walking down range to tape before the "range is clear" command. A mistake yes, head in butt...sure, not a DQ. I wasn't there so I don't know. I reserve the right to change my mind if details are added.