Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

Hello everyone,

Just thought I would send a quick update about the match. It's coming up quick...July 18-20. As usual, the entire match is shot in 1/2 a day...either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Perfect for those of you who will be at the Industry Masters and want to get a quick match in!

Competitor sign-up is pretty good...165 Limited shooters, and 100 Open so far. I think we'll match or surpass last year's attendance. The stages designs are at www.proamshooting.com...I've brought back some favorites, and put some new designs in the mix. With Universal's acquisition of a boat-load of poppers for the World Shoot, expect bigger targets, more of them, and faster times!

Sunday's Limited Amateur match is full, and there are only 28 Limited slots left for Saturday. Don't delay!

Open has 36 slots left on Sunday and 39 on Saturday. Friday is, as always, wide open.

This year, the Limited scores are shot in the afternoon, and the Open in the morning. Since the chance of rain is higher later in the day, iron sight pistols are less affected...that was the only repeat suggestion from last year.

Sponsor support is great on the high-end, with S&W, Glock, Sig, FNH, and CZ-USA putting up a lot of guns yet again. I'll probably be purchasing a few Springfields again this year. also. I'm having a hard time getting responses from most of the Event and Stage sponsors, but hopefully they'll contact me this week.

As much as I'm on the road, I would strongly suggest that everyone get their match applications in ASAP. Refunds will not be granted after June 18.

I hope to see you in Frostproof!

Phil

www.proamshooting.com

Edited by gmshtr

• 4 weeks later...

Just got hit by a hurricane. Several stages, tents and feeble shooters we're blown over. I left because my tampon got soaked.

Heard Shannon Smith won open pro overall.

Heard Gruefel was killing it in Limited.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Just got hit by a hurricane. Several stages, tents and feeble shooters we're blown over. I left because my tampon got soaked.

Did grauffel not shoot open?

don't think so he been shooting a lot of limited this year. i guess getting ready fore the world shoot

don't think so he been shooting a lot of limited this year. i guess getting ready fore the world shoot
I'm sure he's using his production gear for the "limited" division. That's what he's been shooting and is shooting at the world shoot I believe. Edited by Prov1x

Thank to Phil and crew for putting on a great match as usual. I had a decent lead going into stage 6 then this happened. Put me behind and I made up ground on the 7th stage putting Max, Eric and I tied going into the baseball stage. Good drama.

I was up first with Eric then Max following. Going for it was a risky move, don't think anyone made it in the match. Not with getting all the plates along the way anyway. I decided to take the safer route and not hand the match over to them. Let them chase. I cleaned the stage straight up. They both went for the win. Eric almost made it....missing the final target. He mistakenly dropped a mag starting a reload so he only had one shot and missed. Max went for it as well but picked up an overtime shot on the final plate taking him out.

You don't get many chances to go up against the two best open shooters on the planet, not to mention all the other pros. All great competitors, champions and friends. Definitely a win I won't forget.

I didn't fare as well in Limited but glad my buddy Bob took the win. Also exciting, tied with Eric after the match and had to go to a shoot off. Less than 3/4 of a second decided the winner. This is a pretty awesome match, if you haven't attended you should put it on your calendar.

Thank to Phil and crew for putting on a great match as usual. I had a decent lead going into stage 6 then this happened. Put me behind and I made up ground on the 7th stage putting Max, Eric and I tied going into the baseball stage. Good drama.

I was up first with Eric then Max following. Going for it was a risky move, don't think anyone made it in the match. Not with getting all the plates along the way anyway. I decided to take the safer route and not hand the match over to them. Let them chase. I cleaned the stage straight up. They both went for the win. Eric almost made it....missing the final target. He mistakenly dropped a mag starting a reload so he only had one shot and missed. Max went for it as well but picked up an overtime shot on the final plate taking him out.

You don't get many chances to go up against the two best open shooters on the planet, not to mention all the other pros. All great competitors, champions and friends. Definitely a win I won't forget.

I didn't fare as well in Limited but glad my buddy Bob took the win. Also exciting, tied with Eric after the match and had to go to a shoot off. Less than 3/4 of a second decided the winner. This is a pretty awesome match, if you haven't attended you should put it on your calendar.

Hell yeah Shannon! Are the scores posted anywhere yet? Edited by Jesse Tischauser