Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

APEX parts

Rolex

Purchased all the Apex parts for my M&P Pro 9mm:

AEK trigger, Ram kit, and the full competition kit.

Parts where all installed per the Apex video's- three times!

I read here that people have gotten a trigger pull of 2.5-3.0 pounds-

Well I have 5.5 pounds.

Called Apex- they think some of the factory parts where mixed up with

the Apex parts- not so- that's why the gun was broken down three times-

They asked to have me take photo's of all the parts- enough all ready-

Over $200.00 in parts that did NOTHING- and NO I did not do the install-

someone that works on S&W did it- I watched a total of 4 times while this

was broken down and re-installed.

So just how did you get a trigger pull that low? The gun shoots just fine-

no FTF or FTE all primers go off- WSR, Wolf, Federal- no issues- no light

strikes- it is what it is I guess? :sick:

Sounds like the duty & carry kit rather than the competition kit.

I've installed two DCAEK kits & three Competition kits with great results.

Sorry you are having such a time.

Edited by JMike

The competition kit has a replacement striker spring. Did your kit come with springs for trigger, sear and striker or just trigger and sear. If you got the later, then you have the DCAEK kit, which has a 5.5lb pull when the Apex springs are used.

It came with the correct springs and parts- going to break down the gun and take photos of what Apex asked for and send them into them-

something must be wrong- somewhere- my trigger pull only changed 1/2 pound after the new parts went in!

I have both the Duty Carry kit and Competition kit. The Duty Carry kit has a 5.5 lb pull and the competition kit has a 2.2 lb pull. I second the possibility you might have a duty carry kit instead of the competition kit

Do you have a local gunsmith you could have do a trigger job on your Pro? I had one done on my 40 pro by a local gunsmith and it is great. I asked him about the apex kits and he said he would install one if I wanted or I could let him do his thing. I'm glad I let him do his thing.

Just curious how many rounds do you have through your pro? One thing I've found between my pro and CORE is the more you shoot 'em the better the trigger job feels.

Not saying there's anything wrong with APEX stuff - just offering an alternative solution.

I have both the Duty Carry kit and Competition kit. The Duty Carry kit has a 5.5 lb pull and the competition kit has a 2.2 lb pull. I second the possibility you might have a duty carry kit instead of the competition kit

well mine is at 5.5 pounds!?

I purchased an Apex kit that was labeled Competition by the vendor but in reality was a DC kit (Apex part number was on package elsewhere). Did you buy kit direct from Apex?

I got them from one of their vendors/dealers.

Do you have a local gunsmith you could have do a trigger job on your Pro? I had one done on my 40 pro by a local gunsmith and it is great. I asked him about the apex kits and he said he would install one if I wanted or I could let him do his thing. I'm glad I let him do his thing.

Just curious how many rounds do you have through your pro? One thing I've found between my pro and CORE is the more you shoot 'em the better the trigger job feels.

Not saying there's anything wrong with APEX stuff - just offering an alternative solution.

Funny thing is- I was going the GS route- mid stream I changed and got the Apex parts- others have a 2.5-3.0 pull- so I figured why not-

So far- its not working for me- now I am starting to think I may have gotten the duty sear?

Likely a mix-up in the bag. I'm sure Apex will make it right. Just give them a call. I have a Poly FSS in both my Limited gun, and my carry gun. The ONLY difference between the two guns is the trigger return spring. The factory spring yields about 2.5#, and the supplied spring is about 4.5#. With the FSS, you use the factory spring to go LIGHTER.

Jeff

Likely a mix-up in the bag. I'm sure Apex will make it right. Just give them a call. I have a Poly FSS in both my Limited gun, and my carry gun. The ONLY difference between the two guns is the trigger return spring. The factory spring yields about 2.5#, and the supplied spring is about 4.5#. With the FSS, you use the factory spring to go LIGHTER.

Jeff

I have the AEK aluminum trigger- where did you come by this conclusion on the two trigger springs?

Funny thing is- I was going the GS route- mid stream I changed and got the Apex parts- others have a 2.5-3.0 pull- so I figured why not-

So far- its not working for me- now I am starting to think I may have gotten the duty sear?

I think my GS said the trigger pull on my Pro is around 3 - 3.5. I just know it took me a little while to get used to it after shooting with the stock trigger. If you decide to go the GS route contact Jim Mortimer www.mortimerguns.com. I've been very pleased with his work.

Jeff

I have the AEK aluminum trigger- where did you come by this conclusion on the two trigger springs?

I can step in here. I wanted the Aluminum FSS kit that produces a 4.5 (or is it 5.5, I forget) pound pull with the lighter trigger produced by the competition kit. I contacted Apex and asked if there was a way to accomplish both. They said yes and outlined the combination of springs from the original factory, FSS, and competition kits to use to produce that result.

So yeah, I can vouch for the factory trigger spring being part of the combination of parts to get the FSS trigger down to the 2.5 lb pull.

well- I replaced the comp. apex trigger spring with the factory trigger spring- trigger pull dropped to 4.5 pounds-

better than the high 5+ pounds I was getting- still not any where near that 2.5 to 3.0 pull.

Thanks to all for the help

The APEX "Duty" spring is stiffer than the stock spring. So if you put the stock spring back in and the trigger pull went down, then you know that you have an APEX "Duty" spring instead of the "Competition" spring. Give Apex a call and have them send you a Competition spring kit.

The APEX "Duty" spring is stiffer than the stock spring. So if you put the stock spring back in and the trigger pull went down, then you know that you have an APEX "Duty" spring instead of the "Competition" spring. Give Apex a call and have them send you a Competition spring kit.

I have the compitition spring kit in it- took out the comp. trigger spring- re installed the factory one and the pull went down?

to 4.5

OK- here it is- I have received the wrong trigger spring in my kit- I have the DUTY trigger spring- not the Com. trigger spring- yes there is a noticeable difference in the two springs-

New one on order- will have to change it out all over again :angry2:

Sorry you had to go through all of that! :sick:

I dropped in just the competition kit in my 5" Pro, and it comes in at 36 oz. A fellow shooter has dropped in 3, and they range from 2# to 3#.

I changed to the competition spring kits in my carry guns, and did a little polishing, and they are both between 3.5-4#.

Stock triggers SUCK. :surprise:

Jeff

I can step in here. I wanted the Aluminum FSS kit that produces a 4.5 (or is it 5.5, I forget) pound pull with the lighter trigger produced by the competition kit. I contacted Apex and asked if there was a way to accomplish both. They said yes and outlined the combination of springs from the original factory, FSS, and competition kits to use to produce that result.

So yeah, I can vouch for the factory trigger spring being part of the combination of parts to get the FSS trigger down to the 2.5 lb pull.

The last two FSS kits I have purchased have been supplied with two trigger return springs. A green one (I think that is the heavier one) and a lighter one that is like stainless steel.

I know some folks that have mixed up the trigger return springs on with DCAEK kits and ended up putting the stock spring back in the gun, What they end up with is trigger pull that is around 3.5-4 lbs on a duty gun.

Jeff

The last two FSS kits I have purchased have been supplied with two trigger return springs. A green one (I think that is the heavier one) and a lighter one that is like stainless steel.

I know some folks that have mixed up the trigger return springs on with DCAEK kits and ended up putting the stock spring back in the gun, What they end up with is trigger pull that is around 3.5-4 lbs on a duty gun.

I only got one- and it was not green- its SS- have new package on the way.