Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

APEX parts

Rolex

Good luck. I've done 2 5" pros- both a 9 and a 40 with comp kit and AEK trigger. Both breaking at a crisp 2.5#'s.

Well- guess I have no luck :angry: My parts wet to Jax PO- then instead of those idiots sending it we in FL.

They shipped the stuff to Savanna Ga.

How do you like that? I don't Now I have to stand by and see if they ship them back to me in FL, or if they

screw up again- and return them to Apex in CA. :yawn:

I just recently installed an Apex Polymer FSS kit and in the kit, I received two trigger springs. One was green and is heavy and the other is silver and is a medium spring. The kit description indicated I should get 5.5 lb if you install the green and a 4.5 lb trigger if you install the silver. I called Apex and their support suggested that If I wanted lighter (4 ish?) I could leave the stock trigger return spring in but there's another option. You can order the competition trigger return spring by itself and get yourself down even lower. I've ordered the competition spring but I haven't installed it yet. I will report back the actual poundage I observe after i install the springs and I'll use my trigger scale to measure both the stock and the competition spring. For reference, my initial trigger pull was 6.5 and went to 5.5 after installing all parts of the Apex kit (excluding the RAM spring) with the silver trigger return spring.

NOTE: I ended up ordering the RAM because installing the kit actually made my reset quieter, softer, and less noticeable than the stock trigger reset. I'll be installing that with the spring from the FSS kit when I swap out my trigger spring.

Good news here. I received my new spring set up.

Installed the trigger spring.

My trigger pull is now down to 3.0.1 pounds.

Good enough for me.

Funny how just one spring changes things so much.

You said you bought the kit from a dealer.

Did the original kit include a striker spring or no?

It SOUNDS to me like your dealer sent you a DCAEK instead of a competition spring kit. Id just like to make sure that issue is properly associated...

Also, IF there was no striker spring exchange you may want to request that as well from your DEALER as that should drop another half a pound or so off of your trigger press.

You said you bought the kit from a dealer.

Did the original kit include a striker spring or no?

It SOUNDS to me like your dealer sent you a DCAEK instead of a competition spring kit. Id just like to make sure that issue is properly associated...

Also, IF there was no striker spring exchange you may want to request that as well from your DEALER as that should drop another half a pound or so off of your trigger press.

I received one trigger spring- it was the duty trigger spring. I installed the new spring and the pull is now down to 3 pounds.

All other springs from the competition spring kit, where installed- you only get one trigger spring with the comp. spring kit.

Not two as with the other set ups. The AEK aluminum trigger only came with one spring. And it was a duty spring.Also installed the sear/spring set up. And the striker spring was also replaced with the one in the kit.

Edited by Rolex

• 2 weeks later...

I went thru almost the same exact scenario with my pro and aek. After a couple parts swaps, photo exchanges, and emails...I finally just sent the gun and parts to apex at their request. They exceeded my expectations when I got it back.