Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm major

mdmsuper38

thinking of buying a open blaster. I have a IMM open 38s but wonder if the 9mm major is the way to go with the availability of powders and the power factor. I like the Imm but had to send it to a gunsmith when I got it because the trigger was crap!! shoots good and seems to handle the high gas ratios. I like Limcat shot one years ago but are they even obtainable? or do you recommend a good open gun.

I shoot 9 mm open.. I have two open guns a Limcat and an Akai. Previous was an S V IMM in 38 super comp. There are plenty of powders to make major with the 9 mm. I have used with excellent results True Blue and Silhouette. I am currently using Auto Comp. There are other powders available also.. I would never consider going back to 38 SC, the 9 mm gun is just as accurate, dot tracking is excellent and the brass is cheap..I like shooting and not having to worry about finding my brass. If you have any questions let me know.

Same here! I see shooters switching to 9mm who told me they would never ever leave 38! I still see a few that are buying 38's and buying expensive brass and I personally just don't get it. If I want to bother I just go to a few steel matches and run shooters all day. Plenty of once fired 9mm brass for the taking.

If you don't have powder that will make major 9 already, you may want to get a few pounds before you get the gun.

Good luck with that right now...you know any vendors that have any?

I'm hearing that pistol powders will continue to be scarce through the end of the summer.

I've not seen my favorite 9 Major powder (VV N350) offered anywhere for more than a few months. Now I'm experimenting with everything else on my reloading bench in an attempt to find a suitable substitute.

I have a about 5lbs of 7625 but I believe this is the last of it? this what I heard! Does any one know the best way to get a hold of Limcat the email does not work and what are the lead times. I'm not in a hurry heck I am still waiting for my Nighthawk to come.

I have a about 5lbs of 7625 but I believe this is the last of it? this what I heard! Does any one know the best way to get a hold of Limcat the email does not work and what are the lead times. I'm not in a hurry heck I am still waiting for my Nighthawk to come.

limcatguns@aol.com

ShadoFann turned me onto the H-bar option. His son Kincaid Ross is a really good shooter. His gun is Limcat 9mm major with H-Bar.

The H-Bar adds weight which makes the gun feel like a long guns recoil but with the maneuverability of short gun.

Here is the Video hope ShadoFann does not care if I post it.

Amish - N350 is where you find it, just saw a bunch of N350 at Bexar Community Range in San Antonio. I bought out all their N320 $168 for 4 pounds, then 8#'s of Red Dot for $110. Maybe I switch to Minor! If you see Silouette let me know.

You heard wrong there is not end to this shortage in the foreseeable future, too many shooters, the ammo industry can only produce enough ammo and components for 170 rounds per shooter per year, so you get only one match, after that you are an ammo hog!

I almost went back to 38SC, when I ran out of 9 mm brass, then I dug around under the bench and found 5,000 I had forgot about. LOL But in the interim I started picking up everything that shined at the matches and wow I have about 10K of 9 mm and another 10k of 40 to trade for 9.

Is 9 better than 38SC, nope but it sounds cool. 38SC is so much easier to load, than 9, lots more usable powder. Get a case pro and shoot the brass till it cracks.

Edited by CocoBolo

Amish - N350 is where you find it, just saw a bunch of N350 at Bexar Community Range in San Antonio. ................................ If you see Silouette let me know.

Thanks Ronnie. Gave them a call and I bought the last 4 pounds of N350 they had on the shelves. They were willing to ship.

I holler if I find some Silhouette.

Bill

Correction: Got a call back from Alex, the store manager. Turns out they only had 3# of N-350 but do have some 3N37 and N320 in stock. Bought up several pounds of each and got the hazmat per pound charge down to a good level.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

I bought some VV 3N38 this last weekend, at Butch's Guns in Woodward OK, lots of other powders available. They had VV350 4lb in stock.

I checked their website all they show is 1# N350 and out of stock. Do they handle internet sales differently than in-store sales?

Additional comment: In Google I find Butch's in Woodward but after clicking on the link, it takes me to a site that does not have N350 in stock. Checking this websites' address indicates its in New Mexico. No other websites found for Butch's Different companies?

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Check out www.reloadingunlimited.com. Everything on their site is in stock.

Ummm, no, it's not. Just about choked as I looked at an 8# jug of HS-6 for $220. On top of that, it shows out of stock.

$260 for an 8# jug of AutoComp????? (Also out of stock)

yeah their site does not show they have much at Butch's I would call them I of course walked in and seen a lot of VV powder, Aliant, Hogden etc woodward # is 580-254-9764 very friendly staff and if they don't have it you don't need it.