Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil spring for 165-166 pf ?

nexus

I use an 8lb Sprinco recoil spring with 2 coils cut off for everything from a 120PF to a 176PF in my full size open gun. Anything heavier caused a noticable dip in the dot tracking when the gun returned to battery

Why would you want to run 165-166 PF? If you're trying to run Major, that's WAY too close for comfort. If you're running minor, that''s a pretty hot load.

I use a 9# spring for everything from 145-175 pf. Lighter than 145 pf, and I'd probably go with a 7# spring.

9 lbs should be good. You can order different weights from 8-10 and see since springs are cheap. I'm running #9 on my 38S Trubor at 173pf.

Why would you want to run 165-166 PF? If you're trying to run Major, that's WAY too close for comfort. If you're running minor, that''s a pretty hot load.

Perhaps for IPSC major?

Springs are cheap, best is to buy one of each and test it for yourself to see what feels best for you.

Perhaps for IPSC major?

Springs are cheap, best is to buy one of each and test it for yourself to see what feels best for you.

Here in PI 160 pf is the minimum for open division . Lower than that is consider minor

Which is what I figured.

I tried both 8 and 9 in my Bedell Shorty but cant remember what I ended up with

Ok thanks for the info , right now im using 9 lbs variable and i ask johnny lim of Limcat he told me to use 8 lbs ISMI recoil spring .

Perhaps for IPSC major?

Exactly for IPSC open major the minimum PF for open major is 160 so 165/166 Pf is high enough no need to go higher ( if you gun runs reliable and flat ) .

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...