Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope for 1K

79M1aTexas

Yep.

Next up would be the Burris XTRII in 1 to 5.

any thoughts on how the primary arms 1-6 stacks up in this list or is it just too new (i.e. not enough time in hands) to tell?

I just got my PA 1-6 in today, will shoot it maybe sunday... just not enough time in hands. Plenty bright, though, and the reticle is really sharp.

But price wise, it meets your needs for sure, like $330 with mount delivered.

Yep.

Next up would be the Burris XTRII in 1 to 5.

any thoughts on how the primary arms 1-6 stacks up in this list or is it just too new (i.e. not enough time in hands) to tell?

I played with it some, and it is decent, but it is not in the same league as the XTRII. I just got back from the range having shot the XTRII 1-5 and the 4-20. Pure Joy!

i had a vortex 1-6 and went to a tr24, you have to do some testing to figure out the ranges( try a 280 or so zero) hold under everything for the most part. not ideal reticle, probably one of the worst. but maybe the most forgiving eyebox(ideal for 3gun) and red dot fast close.

I tried the Tac30. The M-Tac/Tac30 are popular but I found the huge dots and thick circle to be annoying and blocking too much target at distance. If the circle was one line instead of 3 and all the dots were all about 1/2 as large, it may be a much better optic in my opinion. On the plus side, the reticle is daylight visible, the glass is good, and the price is right.

I would look at the Burris XTRII. I myself use Bushnell 1-6.5 on both my TO and HTO rifles. But it will cost a bit more than your price cap.

Craig

i had a vortex 1-6 and went to a tr24, you have to do some testing to figure out the ranges( try a 280 or so zero) hold under everything for the most part. not ideal reticle, probably one of the worst. but maybe the most forgiving eyebox(ideal for 3gun) and red dot fast close.

Just download the Strelok+ or iStrelok app to calculate the subtensions. With a 200 yard zero and 55gr Freedom Munitions I am at 331, 456, 581, 715, and 1054.

It will also easily give you "clicks" or holdover at any distance.

• 4 weeks later...

For my money the prismatic is the best scope to be had for under $1000 including mount. Toss the illumination and mounting crap it comes with and get a burley 30mm scope ring to mount it in. Then go shoot it.