Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon VCOG is in

ccoker

Been running one for a few weeks to review..

It's a damned nice optic

Mark from the Silencer Shop out with us on a recent hog hunt

Mark-with-Trijicon-VCOG1.jpg

6x at 100 yards, illumination on max

Trijicon-VCOG-at-100-yards-at-6x.jpg

On my 3 gun rig that I ran this weekend

3-gun-rig-with-Trijicon-VCOG-closeup.jpg

3-gun-rig-with-Trijicon-VCOG1.jpg

Been running one for a few weeks to review..
It's a damned nice optic
Mark from the Silencer Shop out with us on a recent hog hunt
6x at 100 yards, illumination on max
Trijicon-VCOG-at-100-yards-at-6x.jpg
On my 3 gun rig that I ran this weekend
3-gun-rig-with-Trijicon-VCOG-closeup.jpg
3-gun-rig-with-Trijicon-VCOG1.jpg

Reticle looks like its starting to wash out.

Cool write up.

Everything Trijicon makes is good stuff, but I want to ask: The VCOG is pretty close to Swaro money... is it in the same league? Better?

VCOG- Variable Combat Optic Gunsight

Think variable ACOG. I'd say durability alone makes it better than a Swaro.

Pat- this thing is bright. If the picture looks like the reticle is washed out, it's because the brightness isn't turned up.

Edited by Bryan 45

Looks great, I love my 1-4! I like the bullet hold over hash marks, that's a lot different than the green triangle. What's the expected street price?

You piqued my curiosity about the street price. SWFA has them listed at $2,380.

Cha ching!

I really wanted one of these... but looking at Mark's head position, now I'm not so sure.

The mount design looks like it will not be compatible with a nose-to-charging-handle head position. I much prefer the consistency of the NTCH index. Is there any adjustment of eye relief built into the mount, or is it a solid one-piece affair? I'm not sure I want the mount to bridge onto the handguard.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

okay, not that i'm running out tomorrow to drop >$2K on an optic, but the scope+base construction is a deal killer for me, robs me of any flexibility to move the scope forward or back within the rings in order to get optimal head position while keeping mount solely on the upper. it's possible that the eye relief would just be perfect and I wouldn't need to worry about this but that's a big bet to make when i'm dropping that kind of cash on a scope.

VCOG-Features9.jpg

i see a QD mount version is available but don't see any reference to a bobro mount in trijicon's materials. ar15.com thread was from may 2013 so maybe they had some early release info that didn't pan out? either way, at more than $2K it's shortcomings are probably not real-world problems for me :)

About the only other place you could put a AA battery compartment is on the occular bell, and I don't know how well that would work being a variable.

So you're back to using those coin shaped lithium batteries in a compartment that looks like a windage knob on the left hand side, in order to get a scope that can adjust for eye relief in better than Picatinny rail spacing increments.

• 4 weeks later...

Where are they available? Played with one at the Grand Slam in Reno earlier this year and have been dying to get my hands on one, however none in sight. Have a message out to Midway USA thinking that their buying power, they should be on the front end of the slope, but have not heard from them.