Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos High Performance Edge or regular Edge

bigarm

Picked up the gun today. Looks good. The tuned mags, holster and mag pouches were shipped separately so are not here yet. We have two matches this weekend, so will take it and try to test it out, but unfortunately won't be able to shoot the matches with it.

• 3 months later...

Look on this site's ads know a few people who have bought from ads here. That said any pistol can be reconditioned, just a matter of how much. A low round count pistol you hit the lottery but remembering with IPSC easy 10,000 rounds a year with practicing and at least a new barrel and fitting.

so whats the diference between the braz hp and daws crp ?? other then there own parts added an crp has .5lbs heavier pull and is the extra 260 worth it for the bhp ??

The Brazo's guns are hard chromed and the trigger/grip safety have been tuned. I think the extra $260 is a pretty good deal.

so whats the diference between the braz hp and daws crp ?? other then there own parts added an crp has .5lbs heavier pull and is the extra 260 worth it for the bhp ??

Dawson CRP just adds the magwell, front fiber, mag button/catch, basepad and tooless guiderod. The blued CRP is at a REALLY good price, but you have to call them to get the price. You can pay an extra $200 and have them do a tuning job on it.

Where is the best place to find used STI's and what are the common problems with used ones. Can they be recondttioned

I think this forum is probably one of the better places to buy a used STI. I bought my first STI (2011) used in 2010 in the For Sale subforum and proceeded to shoot it a ton. As to common problems with used guns, its hard to say since it depends on how hard it was used and cared for. Over the years I've had a few parts break, then in 2012 I had a make-over done to it and replaced the hammer/sear/disco and safeties. I kept the original parts for back-up.

Just about everything on the gun can be replaced if that is what you mean by reconditioning.

Dawson CRP just adds the magwell, front fiber, mag button/catch, basepad and tooless guiderod. The blued CRP is at a REALLY good price, but you have to call them to get the price. You can pay an extra $200 and have them do a tuning job on it.

This. the Brazo is massaged by experienced fingers. trigger is cleaned up. i would take the Brazo any day over a CRP.

This. the Brazo is massaged by experienced fingers. trigger is cleaned up. i would take the Brazo any day over a CRP.

This

I have a CRP EDGE from Dawson the gun has run well for me with my ammo. When I bought mine I used the extra I saved to buy my belt and holster. If I were buying again I would do the Brazos just for the tuned mags and hard chrome finish. I bought the parts and tuned my mags myself and they still cost $100 each.

I think if you buy from Brazos there are things you will not have to do yourself or pay someone else to do for you later like a trigger job, my gun needed one pretty badly so I did it myself which was cool I learned a lot about the gun and its internal parts but I know not everyone likes to tinker.