Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

April BOD Meeting

sperman

Probably where you and I shoot bigger matches we tend to see a lot of the same people.

But I meet and talk to shooters at every match I go to that have no idea, especially locals

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that is what I call transparency!

Part of the letter from Phil to Jay Corn better be about him publicly basing USPSA on the A6 website. A member of the BOD should know better. That is not the way adults handle disagreements.

I'm sorry. What post on the A6 website could you possibly interpret as bashing?

Edited by waynes_world_45

Talk about and complain about like a child are two different things. If you represent uspsa you need to make sure your public comments are professional and don't make the organization look bad.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Talk about and complain about like a child are two different things. If you represent uspsa you need to make sure your public comments are professional and don't make the organization look bad.

He represents the shooters of Area 6. We want this level of transparency. The shenanigans need to stop!

AMEN to this!

I've read these articles many more times than once. I found no unwarranted or severe criticism (definition of "bash") contained therein. On the contrary, I found them helpful and informative. I for one am glad to have an Area Director who brings interesting news and ideas to us. It is something we in Area 6 have missed for a few years and I welcome it.

Not being all that familiar with meeting rules, are there no minutes taken in an Executive Session?

According to Robert's Rules of Order, minutes are taken in executive session and are kept private.

Since USPSA is a registered non-profit, can they be subject to an FOIA request?

FOIA is to request info from the US gubment, not a private org.

Not being all that familiar with meeting rules, are there no minutes taken in an Executive Session?

According to Robert's Rules of Order, minutes are taken in executive session and are kept private.

First time I took minutes for the board, on Sunday morning they went into executive session to deal with personnel issues and excused both ED Dave Thomas and I, so no, they weren't taking minutes during these sessions

O.k., so let me paraphrase the current edition of Robert's Rules in regard to executive session;

Discussions in executive session are secret. If minutes are taken they are also secret. If a member in attendance during an executive session tells someone not involved with the session, the member can be disciplined by the body who held the executive session.

If anyone cares to research it, go to Robert's Rules of Order, Newly Revised, 11th edition, pgs 95 and 96.

Edited by remoandiris

While we are asking questions of the organization. Why was the Area 6 Match moved from St Augustine to Atlanta when the previous Area 6 Director committed to having the match at Ancient City for 2 years?

While we are asking questions of the organization. Why was the Area 6 Match moved from St Augustine to Atlanta when the previous Area 6 Director committed to having the match at Ancient City for 2 years?

The 2013 Match Director, Donna Webb got a new job in January of this year and couldn't commit to the time required to setup the match in St. Augustine this year is what I had read on here.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=184696&hl=+area&page=1

There are several people in this area that have experience as Match Directors. Had they been advised of this problem they would have stepped up to get the job done. There were vendors and suppliers in addition to the range that based their prices on the two year commitment..

An impartial reader will know exactly what I'm talking about. There is a derisive and childish tone to most of Jay's posts but just look at the "comments on membership report" to see what I'm talking about. That may be the way someone unrelated to the org may talk - maybe even post here to Enos. But an Area director should know better and should act professional in public. Don't try to tell me he was just trying to inform the members of Area 6. That is total bs.

As I read it on the A6 website, the article "Another Major Moves to St George Utah" does not appear to be childish in any way. To me, on the border of A5/A8 here in Wheeling,WV, it reads like a frustrated person who wants to see some of the National matches moved over the Mississippi for a little while and is trying to relate to members who want the same thing. Calling for the members to ask if their leadership will spread the pie, so to speak, is, in effect, telling more of us to get involved and make our voices heard.

No one is impartial because we all want the majors by us.

I have served on a few boards over the years. In my limited experience the A6 directors comments don't sound childish at all. They do however sound like he had an axe to grind when he decided to run for the board. I have seen it in my board experiences almost every election. Somebody does not like the way things are bring ran so the run with intent of trying to change things to their liking.

In politics this might work but on a board of directors it creates animosity more than it fixes anything.

I am kind of amazed at the way funds are managed at the area level though. That was a surprise. I guess I would be a lousy AD because I rarely spend my own money to act in an official capacity.

There are several people in this area that have experience as Match Directors. Had they been advised of this problem they would have stepped up to get the job done. There were vendors and suppliers in addition to the range that based their prices on the two year commitment..

Was the 2014 A6 at SRGC really so awful?

An impartial reader will know exactly what I'm talking about. There is a derisive and childish tone to most of Jay's posts but just look at the "comments on membership report" to see what I'm talking about. That may be the way someone unrelated to the org may talk - maybe even post here to Enos. But an Area director should know better and should act professional in public. Don't try to tell me he was just trying to inform the members of Area 6. That is total bs.

I could maybe pick at the choice of wording in paragraphs 8 & 9, but the entire article conveys god information and provides corrections to wrong assumptions made in the membership report.

It is supposed to be a member run organization, right?

Nope. It's a BOD run organization. The membership gets to elect the members of the BOD and the President, but they do not to get to make every decision that comes down the pike.....

Sounds more like left wing transparency and accountability. We should be used to it and just blame Bush. It amazes me that when someone asks a question, there are those that try to shut them down by saying we have 100 other things to worry about. No one is entitled to ask questions anymore? Whether we get actual answers from our elected board is another question entirely

I think you're entitled to ask any question you'd like to......

.....and the person being asked is entitled to answer the question as he/she wishes.....

Nope. It's a BOD run organization. The membership gets to elect the members of the BOD and the President, but they do not to get to make every decision that comes down the pike.....

Kinda like our gubment. You vote for folks who you think see things the same way as you. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. It also helps to let your elected officials know how you feel on topics. That doesn't mean they agree with you. Not to mention most of us do not know the plethora of issues currently impacting the Association or the issues coming our way. Hopefully the Exec Dir, Pres, and ADs do know what is coming as much as they can. No one has a crystal ball.

Kinda like our gubment. You vote for folks who you think see things the same way as you. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. It also helps to let your elected officials know how you feel on topics. That doesn't mean they agree with you. Not to mention most of us do not know the plethora of issues currently impacting the Association or the issues coming our way. Hopefully the Exec Dir, Pres, and ADs do know what is coming as much as they can. No one has a crystal ball.

Overall, I'm happy with USPSA and how it is running. Some costs may be high, IMO, but there could be valid reasons for it.

DAMMIT. Hit quote instead of edit. Hate it when that happens.

Edited by remoandiris

Clearly you have no idea who I am or what I do. But this is another example of childish behavior isn't it?

Yes these posts are childish. If you dislike an article shoot him an email. His email is all over the place. I am very happy to have an area website that is focused on the events AND concerns of our area and a director that is involved and active. I think it is extremely unprofessional and childish to attack him on a message board. I personally hope he doesn't rest until all majors are in Alabama.

Where would USPSA/USPSA HQ be without that $3 "per capita tax" it "pimps" from each club for each member who shoots a match?

The second part begs the question then: if by "they" you mean the BoD doesn't get to make every decision, then who does?

If "they" means the membership in general, well, yeah, that's a no brainer. But maybe there needs to be boundaries set in the bylaws as to when or how much the BoD can spend on things without either informing the membership first or putting it up to a vote of the membership first.

Via the rumor mill I have heard something about the purchase of some land, in the past. IIRC, it turned out to be unsuitable for the intended purpose. I think I heard the word "swamp" thrown about.

Where would USPSA/USPSA HQ be without that $3 "per capita tax" it "pimps" from each club for each member who shoots a match?

The second part begs the question then: if by "they" you mean the BoD doesn't get to make every decision, then who does?

If "they" means the membership in general, well, yeah, that's a no brainer. But maybe there needs to be boundaries set in the bylaws as to when or how much the BoD can spend on things without either informing the membership first or putting it up to a vote of the membership first.

Via the rumor mill I have heard something about the purchase of some land, in the past. IIRC, it turned out to be unsuitable for the intended purpose. I think I heard the word "swamp" thrown about.

You should run for Area 5 DIrector