Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Criticize my AR Build

OscarMike

Currently shooting a Stag 3G. After shooting a bit I now see what I think I want out of a rifle. Instead of modifying the stag, it seems to make more sense to build a gun from scratch and sell the stag as stock.

Picked up the last STI receiver set from Dawson. (Woot woot!)

Picked up a rolling thunder comp.

Still to buy:

Nordic 18" wylde 1/8

Carbon arms gas block

Carbon arms fore end

Jp low mass bcg

Buffer and spring for low mass bcg

Geissele sd3g

Duckbill grip

And I don't know of a LPK that doesn't include the grip, or the trigger, but has everything else. Any suggestions?

Mark... I think I'll be running up to ward sometime soon to visit you ;)

Have you tried the SD3g? I have one, and I'm not knocking it outright, but for slow-long range targets on the clock I'm really almost hating it. Doubles great though!

Try out a JP SCS too to see if you like it- love mine.

Most of the other stuff on your build is ergronomic/personal preference.

Edit: I forgot the Stag comes with the sd3g

Edited by BitchinCamaro

Also, to get the full benefits of the Lmos group, you really need an adjustable gas block.

Syrac came out with the gen2, so the gen1s should be coming down in price. Functionally they do the same thing.

I used to think that way until I tried Mark's gas block and weight suggestion for the reciprocating mass. Now I have the reliability of non adjustable gas block with the feel of adjustable.

I agree with the others on the trigger. My SD3G had been demoted to third in line. Hyperfire, then CMC, then SD3G. That is not in order of weight. Weight makes much less impact than crispness imo. The cmc and the hyperfine are very crisp.

To the op - your rifle sux.

Brownells has lpks with no grip or trigger. They also have stock kits with MagPul stocks at very good prices. I run Jard, but I really like the CMC and the Hyperfire.

Edited by MarkCO

I run Jard, but I really like the CMC and the Hyperfire.

Which Jard? The adjustable or the modular? I have run the Jard adjustable in my precision/varmint AR's for several years and as far as AR triggers go they are about as light as you can get. I have one that is just barely over a pound (1lb 2oz). That said, the one thing that I have found is they are very easy to accidentally bump fire especially while letting the rifle "free recoil" in the bags. Though I've never had it happen out in the field. If you're talking about the adjustable, I'm curious what lb trigger spring you are using for 3-gun.

I am using the modular Jard. Mine is 2.3#. It has the most positive reset of any I have felt and that phenomenal break. The housing makes it almost immune to lock up due to debris, blown primers, etc. All features I have grown to really like. :)

good to hear, I have been running Wilson Combat single stage TTUs, I order them at 3lbs.

Trying a Hyperfire24c now with the yellow springs

I like the Timmey 3lb over the CMC as the CMC has perceptible creep to me.

Also, to get the full benefits of the Lmos group, you really need an adjustable gas block.

Syrac came out with the gen2, so the gen1s should be coming down in price. Functionally they do the same thing.

I used to think that way until I tried Mark's gas block and weight suggestion for the reciprocating mass. Now I have the reliability of non adjustable gas block with the feel of adjustable.

I agree with the others on the trigger. My SD3G had been demoted to third in line. Hyperfire, then CMC, then SD3G. That is not in order of weight. Weight makes much less impact than crispness imo. The cmc and the hyperfine are very crisp.

To the op - your rifle sux.

Do you have a lmos with the nordic/carbon setup?