Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP CZ75 Burris/Docter dovetail scope mount

Loves2Shoot

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like I need to order a TS barrel.

Just an FYI if you use a TS barrel in a Standard 75 frame you will need to machine some material off of the lower lug where the guide rod sits for it to lock up properly.

Not a problem. I need to run some more XDM comps in the near future. For those that are interested in a comp for the 9mm, are you more interested in one for minor or major? I added a poll at the top.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

I like the comp concept, like czhase mentioned the standard CZ 75 9mm with the tapered slide uses a barrel with an OD of 12.75mm while the TS, SP01, and Shadow 9mm use a barrel with an OD of 14mm.

If you turned down a TS barrel and threaded it 1/2x28 it would be just right for the comp concept you've drawn there, plus it would also work with the CZC barrels in SP01/Shadow 9mms.

What's your thought on keeping the comp from turning? Set screw? Loctite?

Your xD comp uses a guide rod extending into the comp right? That's how I do my CZ/Witness comps, but also why I use SP01 slide instead of 75B slides.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Not a problem. I need to run some more XDM comps in the near future. For those that are interested in a comp for the 9mm, are you more interested in one for minor or major? I added a poll at the top.

I voted for both :-)

Minor -> Steel Challenge

Major -> USPSA/Open

CZ 75 comp

That looks great, I bet you would sell quite a few if you could build it in a cone style, if all we had to do was to remove our bushing thread our current barrel and fit the comp to the slide I would order one today... :-)

Scott--I ordered two Burris mounts for the CZ 75B and will use one on a P-09. I currently have a Slaughter two-piece Docter mount on my P-09 and look forward to having your single piece design. Here is how I will be using one mount, the other will go on a 9mm slide for a 75B. This is from this morning.

http://youtu.be/y5K2Ol_H6BE

Joe