Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP CZ75 Burris/Docter dovetail scope mount

Loves2Shoot

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the survey question - I would think the choice would 9mm or .40, not minor or major.

If you only made one comp, I would think one that matched the Shadow/SA slide profile in 9MM would be the one. Did I miss something?

This is giving me flashbacks to the early 90's when we ran small frame EAA rigs in 9x21.

Edited by tortuga

Well, a RMR base that fits a SP01/SP01 Shadow will be a sure order for me as I have RMR sitting on my desk currently collecting dust :) Also, a nice comp that can fit good on a SP01 slide/frame = instant purchase!

Edited by czbeardly

What's your thought on keeping the comp from turning? Set screw? Loctite?

Your xD comp uses a guide rod extending into the comp right? That's how I do my CZ/Witness comps, but also why I use SP01 slide instead of 75B slides.

Red Loctite, on the XHM the guide rod doesn't lock into the comp, it just has a clearance cut. I think the next run we do for those, we'll be doing a new profile without the lower lug because a majority of the comps we are selling are for the 5.25.

Can you offer slide milling for the micro dots as well? Seems like the way to go to get them as low as possible.

Yes, we do if the slide is wide enough and there are no issues with safety locations. We charger $150 for a milled application (plus refinishing if you chose to recoat.) We mostly do Glocks and M&P's as XD's and XDM are too narrow without an adapter plate, and when you add an adapter plate, the cost goes up and you don't gain a lot in height offset.

I don't understand the survey question - I would think the choice would 9mm or .40, not minor or major.

If you only made one comp, I would think one that matched the Shadow/SA slide profile in 9MM would be the one. Did I miss something?

This is giving me flashbacks to the early 90's when we ran small frame EAA rigs in 9x21.

I had one of those rigs. It is more a question of design type. I've found that you don't need as much comp for minor. If there is demand for both, then I need to keep that in mind.

What I want to know is what a minor comp would look like? Fewer ports? Smaller ports? The preliminary design above, is that for major or minor?

That is a compromise for both. If you wanted for minor, you could lop off the last port and go with two. Some people like to added side ports to the last chamber.

Well, a RMR base that fits a SP01/SP01 Shadow will be a sure order for me as I have RMR sitting on my desk currently collecting dust :) Also, a nice comp that can fit good on a SP01 slide/frame = instant purchase!

We will add the RMR and Deltapoint as options for the mount.

CZ 75 comp

That looks great, I bet you would sell quite a few if you could build it in a cone style, if all we had to do was to remove our bushing thread our current barrel and fit the comp to the slide I would order one today... :-)

I would like to see that also. I would rather thread the stock barrel and fit the comp as an option. I already have a hard enough time keeping XD/XDM barrels in stock.

I hope the comp would be sold separatley aswell. Would be sort of *ehem* problematic sending my barrel around the World to get it threaded and fitted since I can get threading done by my local gunsmith :) Also, if it was looking sort of like the czmate comp, I would not mind a bit ^^

I will take one of these burris mounts for the standard sp01 shadow if it can be exported to New Zealand? Please say that this mount will be exportable? I too have been looking for a red dot mount that fits into the standard dove tail on one of these and havnt been able to find anything available. Im watching this thread with great interest.......

I hope the comp would be sold separatley aswell. Would be sort of *ehem* problematic sending my barrel around the World to get it threaded and fitted since I can get threading done by my local gunsmith :) Also, if it was looking sort of like the czmate comp, I would not mind a bit ^^

Yes, comps will be offered as stand alone parts.

I will take one of these burris mounts for the standard sp01 shadow if it can be exported to New Zealand? Please say that this mount will be exportable? I too have been looking for a red dot mount that fits into the standard dove tail on one of these and havnt been able to find anything available. Im watching this thread with great interest.......

We have a shadow slide inbound so we can make dovetail mounts for them. You can contact us directly for items under $100, or Brownells for items of greater value. They will send us a special request if they do not stock an item we carry.

My mount just arrived - will be paired up with a fast fire III 8 MOA on my Kadet Pistol for rimfire / steel challenge, and general fun!

Edited by trgt

trgt--I hope the mount cut for the 75B will fit the Kadet. I thought they were different. I hope I'm wrong because that means I could use one of the two mounts I have coming on my Kadet instead of the rail I added.

Joe

trgt--I hope the mount cut for the 75B will fit the Kadet. I thought they were different. I hope I'm wrong because that means I could use one of the two mounts I have coming on my Kadet instead of the rail I added.

Joe, It's entirely possible I'm wrong, I thought when I had a quick look at my 75B before I sold it and the Kadet was that they were the same - I guess I just assumed since it wasn't the shadow cut or LPA TS cut that it must be the 75B cut. I'll try it tonight when I'm back at the house. Edit: Internet search appears that the LPA brand sight on there on only works with Kadet or CZ85. Edit2: looks like from another site, dovetail is the same 75B and Kadet and 85, only issue is that Kadet/85 have rear milled for clearance of the adjustable sight they have, and that sight will work with 75b if you mill the rear rib, so am feeling confident this will work, just need to find my CZC sight tool ... (somehow found all my lost Glock ones so far :-)

Edited by trgt

I just got my TS slide back from CZ Customs which they had fitted to my SP-01 Shadow Target frame and also mounted an EGW LPA mount and Deltapoint RDS to the TS slide. I initially wanted to co-witness to a suppressor height front sight but the reticle wasn't low enough even with it's adjustment at the lowest point. The mount just has the Deltapoint sit too high to do that. I wonder if your mount will sit lower or maybe it would just be better to mill the slide for direct mount. It may not be wide enough so it may need an adapter plate welded to the slide, but as you said it may bring the height back up which would not allow me to co-witness to the front suppressor sight. It seems that the EGW LPA mount could have been set back rearward further then the additional thickness in the mount could have been eliminated for a lower profile.

B638053D-CA60-4127-961F-DB6BC9C2AFB6_zpsCZTSslideEGWDeltapointmount_zps88d0679b.

I would actually like to just mount it directly like this one below. They just milled the slide as low as possible then just tapped the mounting holes.

Healey_0230_zps771405ea.jpg

Edited by CAGLS

We have a CZ Shadow slide in for a direct sight to slide install and from all the measurements, we should be able to mount it directly to the slide without an adapter plate. This will be far be lower. You might be able to actually see the front sight in your case, but I'm not sure about a co-witness.