Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP CZ75 Burris/Docter dovetail scope mount

Loves2Shoot

We have a CZ Shadow slide in for a direct sight to slide install and from all the measurements, we should be able to mount it directly to the slide without an adapter plate. This will be far be lower. You might be able to actually see the front sight in your case, but I'm not sure about a co-witness.

So will the bottom of the LPA dovetail be the lowest point to have the slide milled? Will this have the mounting feet to mate with the Deltapoint female side?ip000649.jpg

I just got this back from CZC but I may have to send the slide out to you to have this done. They have a 14mm height plain black suppressor front sight I could use. I removed the f/o 9.5mm front sight they installed shown in the pic and replaced it with the original black front suppressor sight that came with the slide. What's the estimated turn around time to have this done? So this will cost $150 to do?

Edited by CAGLS

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jetpow

Ya czc threaded barrels are crazy pricey but I think it's more to do with the fitting/accuracy and the threads are just a plus. You could always order a 6in barrel for the 75 guns or a TS barrel for the sp-01/shadows and cut it down and thread either of them much cheaper.

Yes, that is how I would have to do it. $150 + shipping. I'll double check on Monday that the there is nothing in that slide setup that would change it from the Shadow.

Well the only reason for me to mill the slide and direct mount the Deltapoint would be to co-witness irons or for BUIS in case I have a dead battery on the RDS and not necessarily lined up to the reticle but it would be a plus if it did. It looks like it has room for a rear suppressor iron sight with the Deltapoint in front of it on the Tactical Sports slide. Otherwise if I want to retain the LPA dovetail, I could wait for your mount. Could it be designed to be as low profile as possible and set back to the rear. The comp hammer is already low and won't interfere with the adapter set further to the rear.

Edited by CAGLS

Yes, that is how I would have to do it. $150 + shipping. I'll double check on Monday that the there is nothing in that slide setup that would change it from the Shadow.

Well the only reason for me to mill the slide and direct mount the Deltapoint would be to co-witness irons or the ability to use irons if I have a dead battery on the RDS and not necessarily co-witnessing. It looks like it has room for a rear suppressor iron sight with the Deltapoint in front of it on the Tactical Sports slide. Otherwise if I want to retain the LPA dovetail, I could wait for your mount. Could it be designed to be as low profile as possible and set back to the rear. The comp hammer is already low and won't interfere with the adapter set further to the rear.
You could mount a rear sight in front of the red dot like in the picture.

post-50115-0-90221500-1398730636_thumb.j

I've seen that configuration as well. Isn't it better to take advantage of the longer sight radius mounted behind?

Yeah longer sight radius is always better, but I don't see how you could mount a sight at the rear with the LPA cut.

Well the only reason for me to mill the slide and direct mount the Deltapoint would be to co-witness irons or the ability to use irons if I have a dead battery on the RDS and not necessarily co-witnessing. It looks like it has room for a rear suppressor iron sight with the Deltapoint in front of it on the Tactical Sports slide. Otherwise if I want to retain the LPA dovetail, I could wait for your mount. Could it be designed to be as low profile as possible and set back to the rear. The comp hammer is already low and won't interfere with the adapter set further to the rear.

Can you post a better photo of the hammer down with the mount you have?

I've seen that configuration as well. Isn't it better to take advantage of the longer sight radius mounted behind?

Yeah longer sight radius is always better, but I don't see how you could mount a sight at the rear with the LPA cut.

Your right, not possible if retaining the LPA cut but if I just have the slide milled then it wouldn't matter. Being it's already cut for LPA I don't know how much material there is to work with before you get into the firing pin channel.

Here's an example:

Deltapoint_MP_rear_BUIS_57-312x219.jpg

Edited by CAGLS

Yes, I think I can work with that. We can add a relief cut for the hammer if needed. The only downside would be that it may eliminate the ability to lower the hammer by hand on the longer scopes.

So you think with the DP it won't hinder lowering the hammer by hand? Also instead of rear irons a center notch can be laser etched into the body of the DP at the rear and the proper height front sight to line up as BUIS.

Shadow mount :)

Very nice !! That must be tough deciding out how far forward or back you place the platform relative to the dovetail?

... it's hard to tell in the picture, but is the front of the platform covering the extractor pin hole on the top of the slide? If so, seems like you'd want the platform to shift slightly rear-ward so sight platform removal isn't necessary whenever you need to remove/service the extractor? So enough clearance to access the hole/pin with a punch.

Edited by trgt

Yes, I think I can work with that. We can add a relief cut for the hammer if needed. The only downside would be that it may eliminate the ability to lower the hammer by hand on the longer scopes.

So you think with the DP it won't hinder lowering the hammer by hand? Also instead of rear irons a center notch can be laser etched into the body of the DP at the rear and the proper height front sight to line up as BUIS.

It would make it more difficult, especially if you have large hands. You might have to pinch the hammer from the sides.

Shadow mount :)

Very nice !! That must be tough deciding out how far forward or back you place the platform relative to the dovetail?

... it's hard to tell in the picture, but is the front of the platform covering the extractor pin hole on the top of the slide? If so, seems like you'd want the platform to shift slightly rear-ward so sight platform removal isn't necessary whenever you need to remove/service the extractor? So enough clearance to access the hole/pin with a punch.

That is determined by where the holes are for mounting the scope the plate and the dovetail set screws. You would need to remove the scope to service the extractor.

It would make it more difficult, especially if you have large hands. You might have to pinch the hammer from the sides.

In order to lower the profile of the adapter and moving the footprint back do you think it would overhang over the hammer? Just eyeballing it doesn't seem it would. I wear an XL in gloves but I think I can manage, that's how I lower the hammer now by pinching the sides.