Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading in an apartment

EddyB

I'm getting into reloading but I live in an apartment with no extra room to be dedicated for reloading.

Any suggestions or ideas on what kind of table or bench that I can use, preferably something that can be moved around.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5a4ubyru.jpg

I reload in a tiny little closet. I have t nuts on the bottom so I can take that press off and put my 550 on the strong mount when I'm reloading pistol. I made a 1x12" board with t nuts to put my trimmer and super swage on. I clamp that on the table when I'm using it, and put it up in the closet when I'm not.

It's not ideal, but it's working great for now. I beefed up the bench by taking off that top layer of plywood and putting 2x6"s under the plywood.

The closet idea is awesome, I think that what I'm going to do. Now I have another problem, where am I gonna put all the stuff that are in the closet...... hhhhhhhhh

I would run the tumbler on the balcony or someplace besides inside the apartment. How much of a bachelor are you? Or are you one? Back in my trap shooting days one of my buddies lived in an apartment and he mounted his mec on the coffee table and just left it there all the time. Great bachelor pad!

Good idea to run the tumbler outside on the patio, as far as the coffee table, it was a good idea last year but now I don't think my girl would like that for decoration :-) hhhhhhhhh

I got a used butcher block table off craigslist with a top measuring 18"x30" and 1.5" thickness. It has a small footprint and is plenty stable. The bottom shelves allow me to store my other reloading supplies and accessories. I have a Hornady LNL AP and a Lee single stage on the table.

The closet idea is awesome, I think that what I'm going to do. Now I have another problem, where am I gonna put all the stuff that are in the closet...... hhhhhhhhh

Buy some of these bed risers and put all of that stuff under your bed.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Honey-Can-Do-8-in-H-x-6-5-in-L-x-6-5-in-W-Bed-Risers-Ivory-Set-of-4-STO-01006/203526219/

My wife deserves credit for that one

• 2 weeks later...

I mounted mine on two stacked pieces of plywood that were glued together. Prior to gluing, I drilled small holes for the mounting bolts, and then drilled 1" holes in the bottom board using the small holes as a pilot hole. That let me counter-sink the nuts. Then, after gluing them together, I just clamped the hole thing onto my kitchen counter to make it solid. I caught far less hell from my girlfriend when I was able to hide it in the closet when it wasn't in use.

I mounted mine on two stacked pieces of plywood that were glued together. Prior to gluing, I drilled small holes for the mounting bolts, and then drilled 1" holes in the bottom board using the small holes as a pilot hole. That let me counter-sink the nuts. Then, after gluing them together, I just clamped the hole thing onto my kitchen counter to make it solid. I caught far less hell from my girlfriend when I was able to hide it in the closet when it wasn't in use.

I do the same thing when I take my rig to my camp. Just bolt it to a piece of aluminum and use those quick clamps to clamp it to my kitchen table.

I have a 550 set up in my study. I got lucky and picked up a nice spare desk at a garage sale for $5, drilled some holes, and its good to go.

When I'm done I undo it and set it in the closest.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

When my wife and I started dating, I reloaded in my little apartment. Tumbled on the porch. When she came for dinner the 1st time she walked into the kitchen and, on the drop leaf table (some kind of antique she said) the table cloth went up over the reloader which was bolted to the table, complete with the hole drilled for primer drop... She was impressed! Married me anyway and the table is now part of the dining room decor - without the reloader bolted on... Still got the holes in it too!