Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where is all the chatter on Single Stack Nationals?

chbrow10

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a local competitor that shot the SS Nationals ask me about the knife that competitors were supposed to receive, I haven't received it (forgot about it) has anyone else?

Oh no, I forgot about that too. Glad you mentioned it...but no I haven't received one either.

• 1 month later...

Gave me my knife from SS nationals at Area 5.

Yep, they were tracking shooters down to give them their knives at the Area 5.

Big thanks to the Single Stack Society for adding the new shelters to the shooting bays at PASA!

Very nice!

• 9 months later...

I watched a lot of the live super squad videos, seemed like Rob was having some mag issues here and there? Nils looked pretty smooth and fast as usual.

I went last year but now that I see it's nearly the same match stages, I'm glad I skipped it.

it wasn't the same, the stages this year were tougher than last year, had a lot more options, and of the last 4 years I have been these were the best so far a lot more USPSA style National stages than the previous years. Ray Hirst and the crew at PASA now how to make challenging stages.

I've been the past three years and this year's stages were the best of the 3. Lots of different options on almost every stage, field course, and lots of hard cover targets and steel hard cover. I really enjoyed the match this year and the weather was awesome.

First, well run match, RO's were plentiful and good.

This was my first SS Nats so I can't compare the stages to previous years but I was surprised at the number of short arrays. To me it was the revolver nationals with all the 6 round arrays. Pushing a SS gun to 8 rounds with steel to shoot would seem like a better test than giving us so many make up rounds in each stage. Even the steel stage was set up to shoot mostly in 5's. Think about it, how many empty mags did you pick up off the ground?