Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where is all the chatter on Single Stack Nationals?

chbrow10

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure, this is the only USPSA forum that I follow every day.

Sevigny lost the title last year after his ammo went Minor at the chrono station, so I imagine that he will be more determined than ever to win it this year.

I hope to be there on Friday morning to begin my coverage of the match (I have three options for Network Connectivity now so hopefully I can get some videos posted in almost real-time).

The current list of competitors is online at www.1911ssc.com and there are some notable absences, I don't see Max Michel, Mike Voigt, Blake Miguez, Maggie Reese or Julie Golob. I don't see any of the Miculeks in either Single Stack or Revolver Nationals.

I've been wondering the same thing....looking at max's website he is teaching a course that weekend. That is very strange that Jerry is not shooting the revolver match.

We are all shooting saturday. It seemes like may 1-3 is taking forever to get here. I'm ready to get this thing going!

I've been wondering the same thing....looking at max's website he is teaching a course that weekend. That is very strange that Jerry is not shooting the revolver match.

We are all shooting saturday. It seemes like may 1-3 is taking forever to get here. I'm ready to get this thing going!

Jerry is probably going to be shooting the 3 Gun Nation Pro Series match that weekend. Lena and Kay are both running in the ladies series and he's in the Pro Series. I'm guessing Jerry figured being with his family was more important than another Revo Nationals title. At least that's my guess why he's not coming.

Jerry is probably going to be shooting the 3 Gun Nation Pro Series match that weekend. Lena and Kay are both running in the ladies series and he's in the Pro Series. I'm guessing Jerry figured being with his family was more important than another Revo Nationals title. At least that's my guess why he's not coming.

Well that and he wins prize money at the 3G match.

SS Nats buzz? There will be 7 round arrays and some shots will have wide tranisitions and be very difficult. Most people won't be able to complete the Standards course. And, if it's warm, there will be gnats.

Family schmamily. Jerry follows the cash.

Family schmamily. Jerry follows the cash.

Indeed, Gotta remember this is Jerry's job.

There was a lot of talk on the Revo Forum at one point, but I think everyone is hunkering down and getting serious.

Though check out the SS Nats Website, RUGER has stepped up in promoting the Classic series, which is the combined placement of SS & Revolver. If I read it right looks like they are putting up 10 or so Firearms.

Can't blame Jerry, when you make a living at this you better follow the cash!

Edited by pskys2

So this is my first time to Pasa park. How long is the walk from the parking area to the stages? I am trying to understand if I can leave some equipment in the car (extra ammo, drinks, etc.) or do I need to hump everything around with me.

So this is my first time to Pasa park. How long is the walk from the parking area to the stages? I am trying to understand if I can leave some equipment in the car (extra ammo, drinks, etc.) or do I need to hump everything around with me.

There's this hill... It's not too bad to climb up and down but if you start lugging a bunch of stuff around your legs will feel it. From the furthest berm to the car park is less than 10 minutes walk each way.

There's a break at lunch time, take enough rounds with you to shoot the match and leave the spare ammo in the car, at lunch time pick up a couple of extra boxes for the last stages so you have some spare. I think its about 45-60 minute break for lunch so there is plenty of time for the walk and a bite to eat.

There's this hill... It's not too bad to climb up and down but if you start lugging a bunch of stuff around your legs will feel it. From the furthest berm to the car park is less than 10 minutes walk each way.

There's a break at lunch time, take enough rounds with you to shoot the match and leave the spare ammo in the car, at lunch time pick up a couple of extra boxes for the last stages so you have some spare. I think its about 45-60 minute break for lunch so there is plenty of time for the walk and a bite to eat.

Hey Paul, is your coverage going to be compatible with the galaxy s5....I tried to watch the old videos on it via mx player and couldn't get them to play? Any ideas on what to download so they will play?

When did you last try it ? If running on an Android the video should just show in whatever your default video player is on your device (as long as it will accept .mov format)

If it's not working now then let me know what device & software level / browser etc. you are using.

I tried it today since I have a new phone. Galaxy S5 trying to use the Mx player....if u just click the link to view the video it acts like it is going to play but never does, just a blank screen. If I download the video I can watch it without any problems.

I kid you not you will be walking uphill both ways!!!! It's not the distance to the car park, it's the hills you have to traverse. Try Google Earth and look at the range, may help you a bit.

When you click on a video does it open a box with the title at the bottom or does it try to go stdaight to the video player? I think there is something screwy with Android and how the browsers work.

No it doesn't pop up a box as it used to, it goes straight to an options box of "internet, chrome, mx player" and you can pick which one you want to use.

Of course I pick mx player and it acts like it's going to play but never plays.