CZ Open

kneelingatlas

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It started as my first Open gun, but I haven't used it for a while still shooting Open. Basically a Standard SP01 with compensator attached to the original barrel, double action firing mechanism switched to single action.Shoots 9 Major.

post-11284-0-37938400-1430844894_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if any of the Czechmate Parrots have made it stateside? I love the way they look, and like the checkered grips more than the grip tape.

Also, do all Czechmates only come with one barrel now? What parts do they still come with?

Thanks!

My Czechmate was flat shooting but hard recoiling with 170pf ammo so I modified the compensator to add muzzle brake properties. I added side ports in the first two chambers and extended the last chamber down the comp a ways. Now its light on the rearward recoil and shoots even flatter.

I couldn't use the tools to attach photos so I added hyperlinks to them hope no one minds. If it is not okay go ahead and delete.

http://www.expeditionfirearms.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/IMG_3947.jpg

http://www.expeditionfirearms.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/IMG_3946.jpg

http://www.expeditionfirearms.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/IMG_3948.jpg

I have 500 rounds through it with the modified comp and I am still at 170pf. Average speed didn't change but deviation of the speed of each round went down so now my speed is much more consistent. Next stop for the pistol is the Area 1 Shoot in Idaho and I am sure the gun will be great through out it. As for refinish I just use a cold blue solution to blacken the exposed metal inside where I made cuts and drilled but its not really necessary as the carbon coats the bare metal also. There are no external cuts made.

Send me a message after your shoot in Idaho to let me know if it is still working well for you. If it does, would you mind if copied your mods to the comp.

I welded a bridge across the fourth port and opened up the sides too, big improvement. Did you do all the mods at once or try it between each one?

IMG_20150128_175032.thumb.jpg.36f5155eb388eb8fb0b7559f8fb13c6d.jpgIMG_20150128_175001.thumb.jpg.8d0b85021ab2a4e75377adc768ef6f0b.jpg

I haven't messed with side bleeders much yet, but I'm interested :)

Edited by kneelingatlas

KneelingAtlas - I tried the side ports in the first chamber, then once I noticed a difference I added the ports in the second chamber and noticed a bigger difference then I dropped the last chamber down. All in all it was a weeks worth between cuts and tests. I may set my crown back and open the first chamber like you did. Why did you weld the last chamber at the top? worried about strength?

Steel1212 - my biggest problem was the recoil was stabbing me with the mag catch button but I didn't want to shorten it and like you said get the gun as flat as possible.

Edited by alfordap

Strength, tune-ability, and looks. It started out mostly closed, then I figured, I would shoot it, open it up and I could tune the side to side by making one side bigger than the other and get it to track straight up and down.

This should really be over here!

On 6/3/2015 at 2:13 PM, kneelingatlas said:
On 5/31/2015 at 8:39 AM, kneelingatlas said:

Here's my latest I plan to play with next week, it's my lightest Open gun yet

_20150531_075251.thumb.JPG.ae89611386a76490d88234b2093c0deb.JPG

Man I really like this setup! I've always been anti slide mounted dot, but it was easy to draw, easy to track and very light! I'm going to mess around with a few of my other comps, but I definitely want to shoot my next match with this dot.
Edited by kneelingatlas

On 6/8/2015 at 9:02 AM, kneelingatlas said:

Here are the pictures of doc187's Open CZ:

Is that a bent 75B trigger? It looks too thick to be an 85C, and it definitely isn't the stock 75B SA trigger.

Edited by kneelingatlas