CZ Open

kneelingatlas

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The final TS based one. with the mini dot and two port comp im fairly sure was at one point either a prototype or pre production factory model. Intended for IPSC modified when it existed. The only place ive ever seen anything about it was in the blue book of guns or the book of firearms values. Ive always thought it was just the coolest mad max robocop looking something. Wanted one or a copy since before i even knew what CZ stood for.

some really nice ones in that bunch. I like angus's one with ported barrel. looks like he has it without comp for steel challenge or something and then another top end for USPSA? there's lots of other cool ones too. go the CZ's!

Naturally that's a subjective question, but here are a few things as I see them:

-ergonomics

-slide in frame design allows a higher grip without interference with the slide

-higher beaver tail puts the bore axis lower in the hand reducing muzzle flip

-half the price :)

As a concession: the CZ 9/40s are small framed which limited the OAL when compared to large frame 2011s.

Edited by kneelingatlas

just a small edit.

kneelingatlas's last sentence should read: " the CZ 9/40s are all SMALL framed which limited the OAL when compared to large frame 2011s."

but I guess it was kind of obvious since he said 'compared to large frame 2011'. :)

the slide in frame design is a big one for me. it does allow a better grip. the price thing is pretty important too. :)

2011's are great too though. the 1911 is a very excellent handgun and the 2011 adds some competition friendly points to that well tested design.

I sold my open project gun with the idea of building it on the sp-01 platform but I have two other project guns in front of that right now.

I see there are people running c mores and other above slide optics, I've been plaining on milling the life and having a slide ride. Is there some advantage if having a above slide optic that Im missing or does it not make any difference?

Edited by thompsoncustom

I used to have a cmore slide ride on a Glock which might not being a good comparison. I ditched it for frame mounted due to the weight that it added to the slide and the fact that the dot would ride more during recoil. Some are concerned about longevity of the micro dots on slides but I know much progress has been made in durability.

Edited by alma

The biggest thing I didn't like about the setup above is the height of the red dot above the bore that's why I think milling the slide will be the wag to go for me just to get things lower.

That and my Cz 75 shadow and a sp-01 could share the same threaded barrel.

Here's my Accu bushing TS slide on SP-01 Shadow Target frame with a Delta point using the EGW LPA mount that CZC fitted. I'm thinking of sending it to Springer Precision to have them mill it and direct mount it.

Edited by kneelingatlas

be2a5a4y.jpg

Mounted the sts and tapped the slide. Kept the rear site cut and sts fits perfect without matching slide just drilling on the risen part of the sight cut. Then shaped hammer just a millimeter so it doesn't hit sight. It is much faster acquisition now vs using the mount. Will take more pics and post when kids are asleep. Now to extend barrel and have a comp made

• 1 month later...

Hi...

I have a couple of the CZ Czechmates -- I have a question about adding lateral side ports at the number 4, or last port on the pistols. Has anyone ever done it? I keep seeing all kinds of open guns these days with what I call "Tank Ports" on the last port on the compensator. I'm just wondering whether or not they're a useful adder in creating more forward thrust to the recoil compensation attribute as opposed to having all the gases vectored "Up". The question would relate to Major velocities and gas pressures.

Gt