• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2015 at 7:48 AM, kneelingatlas said:

I've got a project in mind using a 6" barrel and the full length of a TS slide, taking inspiration for lightening from this pair built by a friend on the other side of the world:

Tell me who did the work for that bottom gun? I am 100% certain I want to turn my shadow frame into that beauty exactly.

Edited by kneelingatlas

On 11/1/2015 at 0:35 PM, sudoshakes said:
On 8/11/2015 at 7:48 AM, kneelingatlas said:

I've got a project in mind using a 6" barrel and the full length of a TS slide, taking inspiration for lightening from this pair built by a friend on the other side of the world:

Tell me who did the work for that bottom gun? I am 100% certain I want to turn my shadow frame into that beauty exactly.

Does anyone sell those metal guide rod plugs?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Edited by kneelingatlas

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so d&t for red dot mount ok. I have a cz sa lower with lightened springs ready for a pre b upper. If I was looking to turn it in to an open gun what is the most cost effective way to build a comped upper? Keep in mind I do not reload and wont be able to until aug 2016. So I would like to be able to run minor and major, to do this I know I would need to change recoil springs. But the hard part is the comp. Any and all ideas are welcome.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I was feeling inspired this morning and photoshoped this idea for a TS based Open gun. I haven't decided on a design for the comp yet, or decided if it will have holes in the barrel, but it will be my longest one yet with at least a 5 1/2" barrel and massive Ti comp.

597ae60d23c0e_TSOpen(2).thumb.jpg.26e8e71397cef4aca53eec0bae06f5b9.jpg

Edited by kneelingatlas

On 11/12/2015 at 1:13 PM, kneelingatlas said:

I was feeling inspired this morning and photoshoped this idea for a TS based Open gun. I haven't decided on a design for the comp yet, or decided if it will have holes in the barrel, but it will be my longest one yet wit at least a 5 1/2" barrel and massive Ti comp.

Nice,yes that's a long comp making for a long gun, by the photo. Not much muzzle rise there i bet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by kneelingatlas

I'll be cutting this barrel to fit: http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/0420649201_Barrel-6--9mm

and a friend wants to make a custom Ti cone comp. That barrel has a 12.75mm OD as opposed to the 14mm OD of the TS barrel which will save me 0.8oz in the weight of the barrel; the goal is to be 2-3 ounces lighter (mostly in the nose) than the Czechmate and 1/2" longer.