CZ Open

kneelingatlas

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The CM frame has material removed from the front strap under the trigger guard and in the beavertail area, but the molded in checkering is still there. It also comes with very thin grip panels, but they're shorter than normal so unless you stick with the CM magwell (IPSC legal length) they leave a gap.

But yes, it's still big, and heavy.

Pros:

-The 140's hold 23 re-loadable easily w/ CZC basepads and Gram's guts. 29 in the big stick

-Very accurate

-Almost complete out of the box, price is similar to a Trubor once you figure the cost of magazines.

Cons:

-Still big, even with the slight reduction. Might not be enough for some.

-Frame isn't blended to the magwell at all. You really will need to fix this, but it's easy.

-Thumb safety is awkward coming from a 1911, CZC extended is nice but is like 75 bucks and still needed some modification to not hit my support hand.

-Feed problems with fully loaded mags once I tossed in Gram's guts. Another easy fix, but if you're not comfortable adjusting feed ramps...

The CM frame has material removed from the front strap under the trigger guard and in the beavertail area, but the molded in checkering is still there. It also comes with very thin grip panels, but they're shorter than normal so unless you stick with the CM magwell (IPSC legal length) they leave a gap.

But yes, it's still big, and heavy.

Pros:

-The 140's hold 23 re-loadable easily w/ CZC basepads and Gram's guts. 29 in the big stick

-Very accurate

-Almost complete out of the box, price is similar to a Trubor once you figure the cost of magazines.

Cons:

-Still big, even with the slight reduction. Might not be enough for some.

-Frame isn't blended to the magwell at all. You really will need to fix this, but it's easy.

-Thumb safety is awkward coming from a 1911, CZC extended is nice but is like 75 bucks and still needed some modification to not hit my support hand.

-Feed problems with fully loaded mags once I tossed in Gram's guts. Another easy fix, but if you're not comfortable adjusting feed ramps...

This is pretty much spot on! Once I tuned the mags my clone runs like a top. Wish somebody would come out with a 1912 style safety.

Wish somebody would come out with a 1912 style safety.

Give a look at the extended thumb safety from CZ custom. It's not exactly like a 1911, but it's close enough that I stopped fumbling for the safety. Like I said though, you'll probably have to file/sand it a bit to not have your support hand bump it up/on.

Wish somebody would come out with a 1912 style safety.

Give a look at the extended thumb safety from CZ custom. It's not exactly like a 1911, but it's close enough that I stopped fumbling for the safety. Like I said though, you'll probably have to file/sand it a bit to not have your support hand bump it up/on.

I've got 2 guns like that. It's not the same.

the pivot point on the CZ is too far forward to get it to operate like the 1911..not going to work.

closet I have gotten is the welded ones I have had made for me.

That I can actually ride like my 1911 and operate as one.

Edited by kneelingatlas

• 1 month later...

This thread sucks. Got a Tristar L-120 that I got for free. this thread makes me want to do all kinds of cuts and stuff.

I have one of these. It is a fine pistol for what they cost.