Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pain Relief

Reshoot

I survived 3 cortisone injections, today, in the left hip. But hey, 15 minutes of pure hell beats 24/7 pain any day of the week.

Why, if I am lucky, may be shooting Rayners Range monthly match this coming Sunday!

Like you, Kevin, there really are no words, in the English language, to accurately describe the ordeal :surprise:

I thought is was just my worthless back again, and my neuro stimulator implant just couldn't block the pain. But, my pain doctor says it is Ischial Bursitis.

I do not know if additional injections will be required, and I wasn't about to ask.

After 3 surgeries, 6 screws, 2 rods and a cage, I try and get steroid injections in my back before majors simply because the traveling is what kills me. Unfortunately I wasn't able to this time so the 6+ hour drive to the Oilfield Classic tomorrow is gonna be rough. Course usually adrenaline kicks in match mornings and things are fine, usually, lol

Sent from my flux capacitor

After 3 surgeries, 6 screws, 2 rods and a cage, I try and get steroid injections in my back before majors simply because the traveling is what kills me. Unfortunately I wasn't able to this time so the 6+ hour drive to the Oilfield Classic tomorrow is gonna be rough. Course usually adrenaline kicks in match mornings and things are fine, usually, lol

Dam, dude, your like a 1.25 million dollar man :surprise:

And I complain about my single 2001 back surgery, and 2003 stimular implant :blush:

tezuda4y.jpg

Yep. It makes going faster at matches tough sometimes but I'm determined to not let it hold me back to becoming a GM one day. It's amazing how you can learn to live with chronic pain, lol

Had cortisone injections in my shoulder about every other week my senior year of high school. I'm sure it's not as bad as in the back, but it sure didn't feel good! I had one surgery before that and two after. It's still not right, but it's certainly better!

I have had a series of spinals for sciatica. SON OF A .........!!!!!!! Felt better later though.

My eyelids started to constantly twitch back in 1995. The only relief is botox injections. So every three months I have to go in and get a total EIGHT injections, one for the corner of each eyelid injected straight into the eyelid. The pain is beyond description. But, it's the only thing that makes them stop twitching. Edited by bountyhunter

My wife has had 5 back surgeries, has a gage, rods and screws in her lower back, had a morphine pump for a couple years and now is on the 100mg Fentanyl pain patch, she's also had 17 other misc surgeries. She's one of the strongest people I know.

This thread needs to be moved to the hate forum . . .

The injections only gave me 4 days of relief. Right back where I was :blush:

That's the problem with cortisone. It doesn't address the root cause of the pain. It does degrade bones and joints over time so it has to be used sparingly.

My back was so bad I couldn't get out of bed, I couldn't pick up my infant son, and any kind of shooting match was out of the question. I finally found a Doc that wasn't a drug dealer who addressed my weight/diet, and prescribed physical therapy. Life changed!

Saw another back surgeon Friday and to his credit, he does not want to do surgery on my back yet. He says I am fine to continue on with Ultram since it eliminated my pain almost 100%. When that quits working he will do decompression surgery on my lower back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a Teeter inverter through Costco and hanging upside down for 15 minutes really helps the back pain. My issue is Thoracic spine, 3 surgeons have now told me "bad problem, but no fix". So muscle relaxers and hanging are all I can do for it. Dogs love it because I am an easy target for the face lick. Yuck!

tezuda4y.jpg

Yep. It makes going faster at matches tough sometimes but I'm determined to not let it hold me back to becoming a GM one day. It's amazing how you can learn to live with chronic pain, lol

That looks familiar. My back motivated me to purchase first pistol. I literally crawled into the store. I still can't believe they sold it to me as stoned as I was. Running the courses doesn't get to me as much as picking up brass. Damn I picking up brass.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

That looks like an Xray of my back from 1991. It's holding up good. Then I got a new knee last year, it's coming along just fine.

I use Arnica from the health food store for pain, it works for me perhaps it could help you too.

I have come to realize that being pain free is a luxury, one I took for granted.

My regards to all that are enduring pain and surgeries, it can take the fight out of you. However, it can teach you some things about yourself.

tezuda4y.jpg

That looks familiar. My back motivated me to purchase first pistol. I literally crawled into the store. I still can't believe they sold it to me as stoned as I was. Running the courses doesn't get to me as much as picking up brass. Damn I picking up brass.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yes, brass picking up sux but better than paying for it. I could have played golf at college level as that's what I grew up doing but that is no bueno now. I'm very lucky I found USPSA. I hurt 24/7 but I think adrenaline takes over at matches and pushes the body thru it. Once I get home though my back is giving me a big F U afterwards, lol. I've had 3 and hope that no more are in my future

I feel ya'll's pain. I had a two level fusion in my neck in '97, a micro-laminectomy in my lower back in 2001, the three bottom discs removed in 2003 (with installation of cage like Gump's, along with carbon fiber implants), after an accident causing micro-fractures in 2005 the metal cage was removed, and after six (6) knee surgeries between 1993 and 200, I had a total left knee replacement 1 August, 2013. And yes, I am slow. I mean sloooow.

It sucks getting old. I've been under height, for my weight, ;) most my life and it's caught up with me now that I'm trying to run and gun. The guys older than me tell me that if you stop moving, you die. Three gun is the physical challenge I need to push myself to get into shape to be competitive. It's my motivation but a full day of setting up, shooting then taking it all down is definately pushing my abilities...especially in the beat of summer. So far my only pain meds are some icy cold beers after I get home from the match.

Just back from my spinal / pain doctor. He cauterized the nerves in my left hip. Sure hope it works!

Hope it works for you. I am dealing with a bone on bone ankle and degenerating nerves in right hand. Hand is worse since 2012 surgery but I am trying again 05-28 with a new doc and the top hospital in the Northeast.

Ankle had scope guided injection a while back that worked but I have waited too long for another and must wait until after the hand surgery for another. Ankle is causing hips and knees to act up. Health insurance has a deductible that will be reached with the hand surgery so I am looking to have the ankle fused before the end of this insurance contract so they can pay for it.

Working 7 days a week right now to be caught up before loosing time in June. Nothing I take touches the body pain right now but that is OK. Things will be better.

If all works well, I will be shooting in 2015. That part, I like :)

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter