Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 SP01 Slide Stop Pin broke during match.

legion85

Today during an IDPA match, my gun stopped cycling 100% and was getting stuck pushing the next round into the barrel. After I finished the first course of fire, I took the gun to a safe area and disassembled it.

I found that the Slide Stop Pin had broke and was not where it needed to be. It was in a position where it would have been placing friction on the slide, which explains my malfunction. I attached a picture to show where it broke. The whole "L" didn't break off, only enough that it would not stay in the hole on the frame while having the pressure on it from the slide stop. The part is 5 bucks from cz custom and is on the way.

Has anyone else had this part fail? It is the first part I have had fail on my CZ and I would say I have only had roughly 3000 rounds through the gun. It was not a cool experience to have it happen during a match.

I was able to finish the match with another pistol.

post-52262-0-31393800-1396601619_thumb.j

Never done that, but for some odd reason I have one in my spare kit.

I'm guessing there was a quench crack or some kind of preexisting defect in the wire...you were just the unlucky winner of randomness.

Never done that, but for some odd reason I have one in my spare kit.

I'm guessing there was a quench crack or some kind of preexisting defect in the wire...you were just the unlucky winner of randomness.

Thanks for the responses. I was really surprised and have never heard of this breaking before. The wire is actually very hard, but yeah, I suppose I am the winner. =(

On another note, how many rounds are people getting before the slide stop breaks? I'm thinking I should carry a backup.

Pardon me for the lack of knowledge on this, I'm a new CZ owner. When you guys are talking about the slide stop, is it the whole slide stop assembly? I just want to make sure that I will be purchasing the right part for back up. thank you.

Pardon me for the lack of knowledge on this, I'm a new CZ owner. When you guys are talking about the slide stop, is it the whole slide stop assembly? I just want to make sure that I will be purchasing the right part for back up. thank you.

Yep.....mine broke right at the middle

cz85slidestop.jpg

Yep, right in the middle of a stage. I didn't know what was going on. It was on my CZ85C.

Amazingly, another CZ shooter on my squad had a spare. I now have a spare slide stop and a spare CZ.

That's what mine did... a single shot SP-01 really has a negative effect on your stage performance...

Yeah I do what feralshooter suggested. It made good sense as soon as he told me what he does. I have 2 slide stops. one for practice (don't really count the rounds on it) and one for matches (do count the rounds on this one). After the 'match' slide stop reaches 5,000 rounds I buy a new one for matches, the old one becomes the new 'practice' slide stop and the old practice slide stop becomes an emergency spare in the range bag. rinse and repeat. :)

Edited by BeerBaron