Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tell me about belts.

bigarm

Gotcha Youngeyes.

So I have questions. Maybe I am missing something. After doing some internet searches, it amazes me that there is ONLY ONE custom competition belt manufacturer in the world! Can it be that FBC Tactical is the only company (really just one guy) making these belts for people?

Does anyone have any other belt manufacturers that make it custom to the user? Also, is this important at all?

And what belt would people recommend, money no option? I have a friend who is getting into this sport and with FBC belts not taking orders for awhile, I wonder what other options are out there. From my brief searches, I see the CR Speed, Double-Alpha, Black Scorpion, and Safariland.

Meanwhile, I understand that I should get my FBC belt later this week or next. If anyone is interested, I can report as to my impressions, with what little experience I have with competition belts.

I don't see why a 'custom fit' belt is of any use. You just measure your waist and order the appropriate size. it's not rocket surgery! it's just a straight piece of material in a certain length that you wrap around your body. :)

Well money no object I guess the FBC belt is the most pricey? For me having tried 5 different belts my favourite is the CR Speed super hi-torque deluxe. it's not very expensive though so may not satisfy that requirement. it is nicely made and has a great balance between thickness, stiffness etc. I like it better than the regular CR speed belt and better than the DAA belts by a fair margin.

I like the silver but they make it in red too.

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/CR-Speed-Super-Hi-Torque-Belt-Deluxe-Silver-Belt-P2382.aspx

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939136491/midwayusa-stage-1-competition-belt-black

Here's a cheap option I went with. The availability is scarce right now but I think it is worth the price. I wanted a belt for my revolver to have a separate setup from my other gun but didn't want to pay 120$ for two belts. I'd buy another because they are so cheap but aren't as thick as the cr speed. They have been back ordered for quite some time probably because of the price.

Thank you for the link....didn't know they made them. Just ordered one and will give it a try

Meanwhile, here are our FBC Tactical competition belts, completed and will be shipped to us shortly:

FBC Belts his and hers.jpg

Very excited.

Hopefully these belts work for you. I emailed FBC a couple days ago and have not received a response. I'm in need to another belt and liked the look of the FBC but w/o a answer I guess I will be searching elsewhere.

I don't see why a 'custom fit' belt is of any use. You just measure your waist and order the appropriate size. it's not rocket surgery! it's just a straight piece of material in a certain length that you wrap around your body. :)

Well money no object I guess the FBC belt is the most pricey? For me having tried 5 different belts my favourite is the CR Speed super hi-torque deluxe. it's not very expensive though so may not satisfy that requirement. it is nicely made and has a great balance between thickness, stiffness etc. I like it better than the regular CR speed belt and better than the DAA belts by a fair margin.

I like the silver but they make it in red too.

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/CR-Speed-Super-Hi-Torque-Belt-Deluxe-Silver-Belt-P2382.aspx

What did you prefer about the CR Speed Hi Torque over the DAA?

Meanwhile, here are our FBC Tactical competition belts, completed and will be shipped to us shortly:

FBC Belts his and hers.jpg

Very excited.

Hopefully these belts work for you. I emailed FBC a couple days ago and have not received a response. I'm in need to another belt and liked the look of the FBC but w/o a answer I guess I will be searching elsewhere.

Thank you. I am sure you will receive a response, just have to be patient. It took over a month for ours to be completed. I guess there is more demand out there for custom belts.. and quite simply, Jimmy is the ONLY guy out there making these things. I will post my impressions when I get it. I would however warn that I have never owned another competition belt before, so this is like a teenage driver dropping into a Ferrari. Little reference to base a comparison on.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939136491/midwayusa-stage-1-competition-belt-black

Here's a cheap option I went with. The availability is scarce right now but I think it is worth the price. I wanted a belt for my revolver to have a separate setup from my other gun but didn't want to pay 120$ for two belts. I'd buy another because they are so cheap but aren't as thick as the cr speed. They have been back ordered for quite some time probably because of the price.

Thank you for the link....didn't know they made them. Just ordered one and will give it a try

I have a Midway and a Bladetech belt on the way, it'll be interesting to compare the two.

:cheers: No problem. I have a DAA and the midway. the midway is isnt as stiff, but gets the job done with no complaints here. Holster and moon clip holders hanging from the midway belt and the traditional inner outer velcro belt stays put.

I find the my FBC Tactical belt very comfortable and very stable. The outer belt is VERY stiff, but the inner belt is very soft and is just so secure. This might be a regular feature of all 2 piece competition belts, but I feel no need to shop for another belt now.

So the wife loves her belt very much. You guys know the saying, "Happy wife, Happy life".

post-56970-0-75291600-1421033287_thumb.j

post-56970-0-00952900-1421033387_thumb.j

Is that your wife wearing the belt?! If she wears that to shoots its an unfair advantage, other shooters wont be able to concentrate :D

I have a tactical belt I'd had made by a local guy. Cobra buckle and heavy webbing. Works great but I'm gonna get a cr speed torque deluxe to make it easier w my pants (I just buckle over my regular leather belt right now, not extra comfortable)

Red

Is that your wife wearing the belt?! If she wears that to shoots its an unfair advantage, other shooters wont be able to concentrate :D

I have a tactical belt I'd had made by a local guy. Cobra buckle and heavy webbing. Works great but I'm gonna get a cr speed torque deluxe to make it easier w my pants (I just buckle over my regular leather belt right now, not extra comfortable)

Red

Yes, that is my wife. Thank you for the compliment Red. Yeh, if she shot topless, she would make Grand Master in no time. But, that would be unfair and unprofessional. ;-)

You might want to give the guy at FBC Tactical a look. I have not tried the CR Speed belt. So I cannot give you a fair comparison between the two. I think the CR Speed products are nice.

Edited by Nevadazielmeister

• 2 months later...

Those FBC's look really nice. I think I may be sold. Now to find out how to get a hold of them.

If you find out, let me know. I've called, emailed, and posted on their Facebook page without an answer. Now it seems their Facebook page is gone....

yep, measured waist (or just regular pants size), plus 2 inches will give plenty of overlap. you don't need heaps and heaps. as long as you have at least 4 inches of overlap you're fine. once it gets past about 9 inches it's just getting in the way. I'm sure you'll be very happy with the CR speed deluxe belt. they make for a very solid platform. :)

I just bought a CR Speed Hi Torque.

I measured my waist at 38 inches and this is what I ordered. It has 8 inches of overlap on me.

I have a 35 inch waist in Levis and ordering my pants size would have been a mistake.

• 2 weeks later...