Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 US IPSC National Championship - Oct. 21-25

The US IPSC Nationals returns to Universal Shooting Academy this October immediately following World Shoot XVII ON THE SAME STAGES!!

30 stages in 3 days!!

For those that couldn't get a slot to the World Shoot here is your opportunity to tackle the same stages as the best shooters in the world just a couple days later. I will likely even produce combined results just for fun to see how you stack up against the WS field.

For those already competing in the WS, why not hang out another couple days and compete for a National Championship. Who wouldn't want to spend another few days in Frostproof, Florida?!?!?

We are running the Main Match BEFORE the Pre Match which I guess would make it the Post Match! :) We are doing this to accommodate the competitors and sponsors that may want to stay but wouldn't if there was a 3 day wait.

Registration is open and more info can be found on our website! Hope you can make it.

http://www.universalshootingacademy.com/matches/us-ipsc-nationals/

Oh man, I was really looking forward attending again but now having to take 5 days off, this is not gonna happen now for me! I understand what you are doing but in my opinion, only the sponsored/ professional / wealthy shooters can take off that long! How many of us normal Joes can take off that long to attend this match among others? Hope your attendance is high as last year but I certainly can't! What a bummer!

Sorry for my rant! Just disappointed with the schedule change!

Edited by Ryan626

I kinda see your point Ryan but thats the way big matches are often times. USPSA Nationals requires 4 days off work likely. More days of shooting on less stages. If I wait for the weekend there is no way foreign travelers will wait around.

I will have limited spots to shoot our post match, I can probably slip you in there email me if interested.

Excellent decision to keep the match as close as possible to the World Shoot.....only 2 days off between is heaven for those trying to either catch some of the Worlds best compete and being able to shoot the same stages only a few days later.......also for those who happen to be competing in World Shoot taking an extra 5 days off to be able to shoot such a large match again in the US IPSC Nationals is a bonus and should be accommodated by them if at all possible.....thanks Smitty, wise decision on the date changes

Edited by race1911

• 4 months later...
This will post to our facebook page in 10 minutes. Please do not answer the questions in this forum until the contest if over. Trying to have a little fun. Winner must answer on our fb page. /universalshootingacademy

FREE SLOT TO THE US IPSC NATIONALS FOR A JUNIOR

$250 value

Rules:

First junior to correctly answer correctly wins

Must be answered in the comments of this fb post by a junior shooter

If anyone else answers the contest is null and void (don't be that guy)

Winner must not be currently registered in the match

Trivia Question (3 part question)

1) Name the first American to win a World Shoot after the founding of IPSC.

2) Name one Match Director from the 2009 US IPSC National Championship.

3) Who finished 3rd in Standard Division at WS XV?

Contest over...we have a winner!

I'd like to thank Steve Yeater for donating the slot. He was registered then something came up and he cannot shoot. He didn't want a refund, he asked me to donate the slot to a junior shooter.

Thanks Steve!!

• 4 weeks later...

Still room to sign up! 30 stages in 3 days, not to mention it is the same stages as the World Shoot.

Stage construction is underway, you can follow Universal on the tweeter, facebook or instagram for daily photo updates.

• 3 weeks later...

I am shooting Standard in this match. I have never shot an IPSC match, only USPSA.

What do I have to be aware of regarding differences between Limited vs. Standard?

Besides...

1. Must make 170 power factor instead of 165.

2. Mags cannot be 140mm, must use 126 or 124mm mags (but what is the overall size?) I have dawson intl and SV wedge basepads.

3. Gun must fit in a box, so I pulled off my Dawson Ice magwell and replaced it with my STI magwell

4. I can't use my 6" sexy limited gun, so I am bringing my 5" to fit in the box.

5. No sight picture prior to start signal.

6. My mag carriers have to be like production and single stack, not in the front but on my side.

Thanks,

Randy

With the Dawson wedges and SVI mags it is very close, you should mock up a box to check the fit.

Besides no sight picture, you can't pull the trigger/dry-fire. So just put the mag in and load the gun and that's it.

You need to have you plan for the stage before you get there since the walk thru gives on average one time through.

Watch squads and get you plan, then the walk thru is for confirming and finding the targets you couldn't see from behind the tape.

I am shooting Standard in this match. I have never shot an IPSC match, only USPSA.

What do I have to be aware of regarding differences between Limited vs. Standard?

Besides...

1. Must make 170 power factor instead of 165.

2. Mags cannot be 140mm, must use 126 or 124mm mags (but what is the overall size?) I have dawson intl and SV wedge basepads.

3. Gun must fit in a box, so I pulled off my Dawson Ice magwell and replaced it with my STI magwell

4. I can't use my 6" sexy limited gun, so I am bringing my 5" to fit in the box.

5. No sight picture prior to start signal.

6. My mag carriers have to be like production and single stack, not in the front but on my side.

Thanks,

Randy

It would probably be good for you to review the IPSC rule book to cover all of your bases. There are a few gotcha's in there when compared to the USPSA rules. A good example is in navigating through a field course. In IPSC you can't cut across shooting shooting areas (exit the shooting area and reenter in a different location). We commonly do this legally in USPSA stages if cutting across the shooting area is the path of least distance to travel.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is running great. Smaller than we had hoped but seems like everyone is enjoying it.

Still room for Friday Saturday if anyone wants to jump in.

KC was up about 20 on Eric in open at the end of yesterday.

Results are scrolling fine for me, not sure why you're having trouble.

Shannon - it works on a laptop or desktop but cant scroll using mobile devices such as Iphone or Ipad. I even tried chrome on my ipad and asked for full size and not mobile version and it still doesnt work. Just an FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk