Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cooolllllddddd

Jon Merricks

The frappin' FOG here is driving me nutz. We've had almost no daylight for two months. It chills you to the bone with near 100% humidity and makes you hole up in your cave like a wimp. A friend of mine calls it 'cocooning'... Yeh, no kidding. :angry: It makes you hurt all over and makes you depressed. It's a shriekin' outrage! I'm not ready for spring--I'm ready for SUMMER!!

Cold, Cold, you call this Cold. HA!! It ain't cold until it hits -40 WITHOUT the windchill. My freshamn year of college the windchill during finals week hit -80. When your eyes start to freeze shut within a minute or less, now that is what I call COLD.

Guest Larry Cazes

Yeah, pretty cold here in N. California too. I think it hit a low of 45 in the wee hours of the morning and a high of 60 this afternoon! Threads like this remind me of why I put up with all of this crap to be here. :D

neener, neener, last Sunday's match was in short sleeves (check the TX Star video).. and today at the range was sunny & mid 70's. Cold front coming through tonight.. 50's & rain while I actually have significant time off. Ick.

Every year the misery gets worse.  Too many more of these and I'll implode. :wacko:

Gah, would someone really tell me what it's like in Arizona or something??!!  :angry:

Mesa AZ

Wed

Dec 22 Mostly Sunny 60°/34° 0 %

Thu

Dec 23 Sunny 56°/34° 0 %

Fri

Dec 24 Sunny 58°/32° 10 %

Sat

Dec 25 Sunny 63°/36° 0 %

the % is precipitation probability

All you wussies are cordially invited to shoot the Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club February 05 match on the second Sunday. Last year when we got there we spent a good ten minutes debating whether Chevy's or Ford's thermometer was more accurate, when Keith and I arrived at 7 a.m. The temperature? O degrees in the Tahoe, +1 in the Ford. If either one had gone to -1, we might have considered cancelling the match......

AZ sound like it is great now, but 110 in the summer is not for me. Let's see TX, hurricanes, tornado's or floods.....no thanks. FL....I wont even start on that one. It might be a little biot cool outside, but at least I have a roof over my head that I don't have to worry about blowing away. B)

Yeah... down in SoCal we finally moved back down into the 70s. It was in the 80s last week. Cooooooollllllldddd!!!

:P

Yes, it has been nice. Too bad I am flying out for Chicago in the morning, I can't wait for the single digit temperature fun, argh :(

The problem in the South at the moment is that Mother Nature is doing drugs again and can't make up her mind! Sat's shooting was nice and comfortable, Sun's match was under the freezing mark and threatened with rain, Mon thru Wed was gradually warming, today is 60+ short sleeve weather and rainy. The rain leaves tonight and tomorrow is suppose to be cooling off with Christmas back below freezing. No wonder everyone round here either has the sniffles or a hangover from the cold medication!