Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Now what? Help

JSkala

Not sure where to post this but here it goes. Been shooting SC with a rimfire/cmore. Bought a CZ AccuShadow to shoot USPSA and now wish I just went the "open" route. For a production gun the CZ is great but want to dive into the open, I shoot so much better/faster with the red dot. What would be a good entry level open gun? Trubor, Czechmate or something from Brazos I really have no clue where to go from here. Thanks guys....

Edited by JSkala

Buy a nice used gun from the classifieds here. Once you learn what you like and want you can get a build going and still have a gun to shoot while you wait.

I chose the 2011 platform. It has more options and possibilities than any other platform for me. I love my CZ for production though!

That is my .02 anyway.

ETA: I shoot 38 Super comp. many shoot 9 Major. This is personal preference. But I say shoot 9 so there is more SC brass for me!

Edited by StraightUp_OG

I think one of the key factors will be your budget? there is quite a gap between something like a stock trubor and a Brazo custom gun. Not being rude just help people give ya info. I have always wanted myself to try a Czechmate but finding them is near impossible.

I scored a used STI GM 38 SC at gunbroker for 3K that includes holsters and extra mags and 1k ammo. Problem is the gun range I was going closed and still waiting for a new range were USPSA matches will be ran.

I definitely do not have unlimited money but I don't want to throw $3K on a Czechmate and then wish I would of spend 5K on a better gun a couple months down the road. Trying to avoid the costly mistakes. Maybe sell the AccuShadow and put that money towards this gun as well? Would hate to let it go. Thanks guys...

don't want to throw $3K on a Czechmate and then wish I spent 5K on a better gun

I bought, and love, my two TruBor's, both in 9mm major.

They cost LESS than the Czechmate - can't beat them. Buy them from Brazos, and they

tune one of them up a bit, for less than $3,000 total. :cheers:

Maybe this is obvious but why can't you get a CZmate?

Maybe this is obvious but why can't you get a CZmate?

What I should have said is.. If I could afford a checkmate I would get one I shot one a friend had and it fit me like a glove. Just can't afford one right now.

I've got a tru bor and a used GM that are mostly stock. MAgwells, triggers, oversize mag release , aftec extractor- didn't have any extraction problems but all my other 1911/2011 have them so the open guns got them also.

they have run great and I've been competing at high A class with them most of the time. I think they are a great way to start and will allow you to figure out what you may want to have built into a custom gun when the time comes.

They best of the best all shoot 2011's so why mess the the other stuff?!?!?!?!