Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accuracy of the TS in .40 S&W

jayjay1

The TS is my third CZ and I love it, like the two others,

All three are keepers for me.

But well, it is my first .40 and so I can´t compare it on my own.

The precision I can get out of it, is to hold the 9 on the ISSF-disk on 25m, with the best ammo and really slow and accurate shooting (without a few flyers in the 8, which are my guilt).

But I´m not able to get it any higher.

That´s pretty close to the precision I get out of my untuned CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow in 9mm and that dissapoints me a little bit.

With my 6"-shooter in .45ACP I´m able to hold an average over 9,5 (more 10 than 9) when I´m shooting it as precise as I can.

So I searched arround a little bit and read elsewhere, that the .40 caliber itself is not the most precise on its own.

Unfortunately I can´t compare the pistol to another one, because there is none here around, like no pistol in .40 is.

It is to rare over here.

So I hope you guys can help me out.

What is the TS in .40 able to do in precision?

Are my results ok, or are there any better?

Any response would be a party for me.

:cheers:

Tried now 10 different bullets and my 5 different pistol powders.

Only thing I didn´t change is the OAL, because I always try to get as far out as I can, without touching the lands.

But if I understand you right, there should be more possible?

If your TS is anything like a Shadow, you may find shorter OAL more accurate. I shoot a plated 124 round nose at 1.070", I could load that same projie at 1.140", but accuracy only started to come in at 1.100" and got better as it shortened.

Very interesting... I'll have to try some shorties :cheers:

My IPSC Standard with the Accu-bushing is an absolute tack driver. I use 5.1gr of VV 320 and a 180gr jacketed bullet (light crimp) or 4.8gr VV320 with a polymer coated lead 180gr (no crimp). I'll have to measure a round to get the OAL

An accurate 155gr load was 8.0gr of HS6.

Hope this helps my badische freund

Well, yes and now.

It is not about the Shadow and I don´t have an accu-bushing unfortunately.

Is it allowed to use an accu-bushing for standard?

Thank you huskerlrrp for the wishes.

Cheers to Greensboro

:cheers:

I have mounted an adjustable rear sight from the CZ shop, nice sight picture, isn´t the problem.

I begin to have an idea what might be the reason, but I have to check it out.

What is possible at 25yds (MOA, inches or disc picture)?

mine does a ragged hole at 25yrs well benched...at typical IPSC distance i nearly don't have to aim , rounds hit where i want effortlessly,and i'm serious. i also think i've hit the perfect load for my particular unit. by far the most accurate gun in my stable,although i'm a glock guy forever...

...by far the most accurate gun in my stable,although i'm a glock guy forever...

Really?

C´mon!

:rolleyes:

I saw your bullet is a 180gr. TC.

Well, I´ve tried some of these.

Hm, the N340 is pretty slow, I´ve used faster powders since now to reduce the recoil (must come over 1.000 fps to make Major).

I will give it a try, thanx so far.

Edited by jayjay1

Can you feel any movement between the barrel muzzle end and the bushing during lockup (slide forward)? What about the chamber/breech end?

Here's a target from CZ Custom. I assume 25m but maybe Stuart can chime in?

IMG_20130117_170036.jpg

Yes, sure, there is movement between the barrel and the "bushing".

Between grip and slide too.

This is a dang nice group there!

How did you get this bushing in?

CZ Custom threaded the end of the slide (like a 97 model) and it then "spins" in (also has a reverse plug for the recoil spring).

I wonder if your bushing to barrel clearance is too great? Of course I'd try different ammo combinations first but maybe there is something going on there? Just guessing at this point.

Hm, can´t send my gun to the US.

Will ask them if they send such a setup to Germany.

I have several loads through and got some good groups, but just a little bit better than my Shadow does.

The only thing I found out, that the TS sometimes has a feeding issue with TC bullets, in the opposite, she loves RNFP.

Hm, can´t send my gun to the US.

Will ask them if they send such a setup to Germany.

I have several loads through and got some good groups, but just a little bit better than my Shadow does.

The only thing I found out, that the TS sometimes has a feeding issue with TC bullets, in the opposite, she loves RNFP.

Doesn't Waffen-Oschatz do bushings on his pistols?

My TS has been extremely accurate, certainly accurate enough for our games. I don't shoot bullseye so can't comment on that. I had a stunningly accurate load using N330 and MG JHPs but the recoil was shall we say very brisk to the point the gun was uncomfortable to shoot a long stage with. I went back to N320 and have enough accuracy to hit small poppers at distance if I do my part, I have faster splits, and I don't feel like I am pounding my wrists into carpal tunnel syndrome.

Yes, sure he does.

But he does his own slides therefore.

So you can buy a very good 6" precision pistol from him for roundabout 1500 Euros (more or less).

I had the CZ 75 Shadow Viper and still have the 97 Sport, which are both awesome precise pistols.

But I turned to IPSC and want to get my TS in 40 a little bit more accurate.

• 2 weeks later...