Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition Grip Tape - TruGrip

Marshal82

So I ordered some TruGrip direct from Eric Wesselman website direct over a month ago and haven't arrived yet. I've tried to send him an email and no response. Paid through PayPal so I'll prob dispute the charge since I don't know what to do at this point. Any recommendations?

What grip tape do you guys like for competition and where can I get it?

Thanks

I have tried them all and to me nothing is quite as good but I guess Dawson's were close but you don't get any for the back strap unless you order the blanks from Dawson and make your own. With the homemade back strap the Dawson is pretty damn close. All of them work but the Trugrip lasts the longest and gives the most coverage for me. Just like anything else this is subject to opinion.

I ordered some from Manny Bragg and it's great. Cut perfectly and supposedly from the same material of Tru Grip. I too ordered from Eric and waited 2 months during that time I actually spoke with him twice and both times he told me that he was cutting them and would ship them out but never did. Cancelled my order and went with Manny and don't regret it.

I have used Talon Grip on my M&P and it has been great. I recently experimented on my G34 and got a big sheet of skateboard tape from a local skate shop for less than $10 and made my own. I used blue painters tape on the gun to make my template, then I peeled it off, stuck it on the skateboard tape(remember to stick it to the rough side) and cut out the pattern. It actually turned out pretty good and I have tons left to make more if I need to.

I ordered them through Manny and came within 5 days, with no email confirmation or anything but I have them. My grip is pretty solid just wondering if I want to use the full wrap or partial in places I know I need.

Buy some skateboard grip tape and cut out the sizes needed. I put masking tape over the grips and outline what I want. Then put the tape on the grip tape and cut it out and stick it on. Simple and cheap.

I have a piece of skateboard grip tape I bought years ago for less than $10 and still have tons left. Use it on my bolt guns too. Look on Amazon. A 9" by 33" piece for $6.47 and free shipping.

photo17_zps0dd1e743.jpg

Edited by Rob01

I ordered some from Manny Bragg and it's great. Cut perfectly and supposedly from the same material of Tru Grip. I too ordered from Eric and waited 2 months during that time I actually spoke with him twice and both times he told me that he was cutting them and would ship them out but never did. Cancelled my order and went with Manny and don't regret it.

[/quote

that's a good way of losing business

Installed the TruGrip from Manny, still no word on the order direct with Eric.

I guess I'm not used to grip tape or my hands have gotten soft from being in an office. It's really aggressive, I thought my RTF2 frame was aggressive. I assume it will wear some and my hand toughen up some.

Now I have the pattern I may try some skate tape in different textures to see if there is a smoother texture that is better.

[/quote

that's a good way of losing business

Eric shipped his out yesterday. So over a month after order was placed. I trusted some of you guys and he didn't rip me off but dang. My hands are starting to toughen up some practicing with the grip tape which is good. Still I have yet to run a match with it so well see how it goes.

Thanks for the help and advise!