Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun by Doublestar Corp - Oct 16-18 at Rockc

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was hoping for rain. It makes things interesting.

Come shoot w/ us ROs on Tuesday, it looks like we'll get plenty wet.

No rain for BRM is a good thing. I think we all want to finish the match this year.

Edited by Bryan 45

I think 5 is on the old golf course. (Sporting clays, far left from the road)

It's going to take me a minute on stage 8.

Did you ever figure out where Stage 8 is happening? Maybe farther north on the road going past the Sabre range?

So, I know slings will be required for this match. Will there be any requirement to sling both long guns on a single stage? I am currently set up to swap a sling between my rifle and shotgun as necessary and was wondering if that will be good enough for Blue Ridge...

I really would appreciate an answer on this as well. From what I can see on stage descriptions, shotgun will be staged or held then dumped.

My sling attachment broke and trying to see if I can save some money. Thank you.

Have never had to have BOTH slung simultaneously, but have needed slings on each long gun at different times. Can someone more imtimately familiar with this year's stages be any more definitive?

I only see “rifle slung” in the 2014 stage descriptions (no mention of shotgun slings)

I’ve shot the 2012 and 2013 BRM, we never slung both guns on a single stage in those matches.

Edited by GunCat

Stage one starts with rifle slung but states near the end "A loaded shotgun is allowed to be slung on this stage"

It will make more sense when walking the stage. Some devious Andy stuff designed to make children cry and shooters bleed from their ears I'd imagine.

I was hoping for rain. It makes things interesting.

Come shoot w/ us ROs on Tuesday, it looks like we'll get plenty wet.

No rain for BRM is a good thing. I think we all want to finish the match this year.

Swampy stages is how I justify my expensive rain gear and mud tires to my wife. So far it's been decently dry and she's going to start questioning my purchases lol.

Okay, I just spent some time on Google Earth. (Thanks, Andy, for the helpful terrain imagery on the stages!) I think everybody has nailed the locations. Stage 5 is sporting clays (down past the red barn, turn left), Stage 6 is the power line, and Stage 8 is Doe Valley. If the layouts are close to scaled, the farthest shot is about 450 yards on Stage 3.

On Stage 8, I am rereading the description and I see "Retrieve your shotgun, and engage the pistol targets." There is nothing about a sling in the description. Does this mean you grab your shotgun, hold it, and run the pistol one-handed, or does it imply slinging your shotgun while you shoot pistol?