Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited 40 Mags

TDH

New to Tanfoglios. Just ordered a Limited 40 tonight. Are the Mec Gar MGWIT40LF 14rd mags the ones to buy to use with Henning pads/gram followers for 21rds? Trying to find them online to purchase and want to make sure I'm getting the right ones. Thanks.

Atlas- Could he use these from the EAA Corp. website, if he wants to load long?

"Bundle of three EA10MM2005 15rd #101945-3 for $75 plus shipping and handling" I use these in my Match at 1.23" overall cartridge length, but not with the "Henning pads/gram followers". Which would be cheaper or better?

Sure, you could use 10mm mags and load long, but I only have experience with the 'old style' 10mm mags which are longer and I've heard the new style bulge when loaded to 21; are you using them with Henning's pads/springs?

The other thing about using 10mm mags for .40 is that you must load longer than 1.2" for them to work.

Edited by kneelingatlas

No, I have been using the stock springs/pads/followers and thirteen rounds is pretty tight (the mag body does bulges out to the sides) but it doesn't hurt when reloading, only if you have to eject a full magazine because of:

1) a failure to feed or eject which hasn't happened to me with this combination (almost 10K rounds) or

2) the primer was upside down (twice). Yeah, I should have realized it during the reloading process. I have become more careful.

Edited by jmbaccolyte

I Just got K40 mags and Henning's pad/follower/ spring kit, a week ago. I can jam 20 in the mag, but it wouldn't be reloadable. 19 is reloadable. hoping to get 20 in there after the springs take a set. 21 reloadable would be nice, just as stated on Henning's website. It seems that was for the old style mags??

Is the MGWIT40LF the same magazine as the K40? If I'm reading all the old threads right, I think the mags are the same, just the marking is different for MecGar aftermarket vs EAA OEM.

I Just got K40 mags and Henning's pad/follower/ spring kit, a week ago. I can jam 20 in the mag, but it wouldn't be reloadable. 19 is reloadable. hoping to get 20 in there after the springs take a set. 21 reloadable would be nice, just as stated on Henning's website. It seems that was for the old style mags??

I got my MGWIT40LF mags in today from Greg Cote. I also received basepads from Taylor Freelance with Gram springs and followers. I can load 20 in the mag now. It's pretty tight but has a small amount of give. I'm still waiting on my Limited to arrive at my FFL so I'm not sure if it will be reloadable or not. Hopefully the springs will settle and I can get 21 in eventually. I've only shot SS so I'm not sure how much of advantage having 19 vs 20 vs 21 rounds is.

Price was the biggest reason, $45 with grams kit compared to $60. Also the Taylor Freelance site specifically said they were for the K40 type mags. Henning's site said the back of the magazine needed to be shaved. Lastly I'm impatient and wanted them soon. Henning sounded busy and might be hard to get a hold of.

Hopefully they work well. They appear to be solid and fit nicely. No previous experience with either.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...