Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Customer service - disappointing

MoonJeong

Just a note about Glock customer service - two actual cases rather than anecdotes.

I blew up a Glock 35 with either a double charge or a bullet set-back (not sure which) several years ago. In either case, probably my fault with my reloads. After my gunsmith actually got the slide off the frame, I took it to a GSSF match and showed it to the Glock staff (and told the truth). Neither the slide or the frame were salvageable, so the GSSF guys helped me strip it of all useable small parts and told me to send it in and tell customer service that they had looked at it and to help me out. A few weeks later, Glock called me and offered me a new gun - either an un-shot demo from the Shot show for $325 or a brand new 35 for $375. I opted for the brand new one and have been shooting it ever since. Not free, but still a good result. They didn't have to do what they did for me.

Second case - a Glock 34 slide from an older two-pin Gen 3 with many thousands of rounds through it cracked below the ejection port. I can't say how many rounds (a substantial amount), but the gun is many years old and has been shot in competition quite regularly so not a safe queen. I sent the bare slide in and a few weeks later Glock called to tell me that a new G34 slide (complete except for barrel) was being sent to me as a free replacement. I was amazed, but quite happy with the result.

When I told my gunsmith, he said that the polymer gun market is brutal and competition is stiff, so keeping customers happy is in Glock's or (insert mfg name) best interest. Happy customers keep coming back! That applies to all manufacturers these days.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

299$

And a burrito.

I expect my offering of a burrito to crush any and all attempted counter-bids.

This thread is headed for epic status. ?????

More bees with hunny than vinegar OP. I really must say, a demand for warranty parts at 2 years and 10k... Wow. Just wow man. And on a public forum too! CZC has done a whole lot of people here right. Even after the shenanigans of your opening post they still try and help you out. I really hope you find what's making that thing shoot so crooked. I have a really really hard time trying to believe it's worn out after only 10k, please post up what you find!

I for one am shocked that your C class victories did not impress them enough to give you a brand new $1,100 gun based on your word alone that the gun is ruined, and that you didn't ruin it. This "customer service" will not stand, man!

What is next, B class shooters will no longer get all the free ammo they want with just a phone call to AAA?

By the way - something to look forward to: Fax SVI a copy of your A class card when you get one and they will send you a free gun.

I for one am shocked that your C class victories did not impress them enough to give you a brand new $1,100 gun based on your word alone that the gun is ruined, and that you didn't ruin it. This "customer service" will not stand, man!

What is next, B class shooters will no longer get all the free ammo they want with just a phone call to AAA?

By the way - something to look forward to: Fax SVI a copy of your A class card when you get one and they will send you a free gun.

Really! I'm sure we don't have all the facts, but I would be disappointed too, if that happened to me.

Wow - this did stir up a lot of interest. First, I want to thank everyone that has suggested potential fixes - some i've tried, some I will try. Second, I thank the bidding war that somewhere in the middle (Samuel) started to make the bid go backward! This is a fun, respectful, and supportive community indeed - that's why I love this sport so much.

A person from CZ USA did contact me through the forum to do some research on the issue (I'll keep names out), so kudos to some of the employees that stand behind the brand. I'll keep people posted...

Just to clarify one thing - I was never looking for a new gun or the like (burning squirrels can attest I have no issues buying a new one if I wanted), I am truly disappointed at the situation... I think the first person I spoke to CZ USA honestly believed it was just worn out and it was not covered - that was not as bad as CZ Custom guy trying to sell me an upgrade to an accu-shadow promising that had better accuracy! Unbelievable... "Let me ignore your problem, let me sell you something better..." after over $4k in sales in the last couple of years, keep wanting to sell me more stuff, rather than helping fix a problem with one of their sales - while it's tough to find a better gun than a CZ, I sure will find a better retailer than CZC.

Another clarification, I have 6 CZ guns - from their polymer p07 all the way to their czechmate - all have been amazing guns... therefore I would not doubt that this Shadow was just bad luck - all my friends and family Shadows run awesome - so I'm convinced it's this particular unit.

You could have avoided all this drama if you went Revo this year.

Revo? What's that? Revolver? Yeah! I wouldn't have the dilemma then... Unless cz started making a revolver!

Side note- you're not shooting Alabama ?

Clean the barrel very well. Soak it for an hour and scrub.

Make sure your slide/frame fit wasn't compromised by 'rough handling'.

Check or get it checked - barrel fit in the slide. Also, have barrel bushing checked.

I've put over 60K rounds thru mine (stock Shadow with my own work) and accuracy is still about same as when it was new. The gun still shoots better than I can ever since 2008.

Also, reloading my own ammo, I saved over $8K in those years, That already tells me I can buy a replacement :)

10K is very low for a CZ, I'd say they last at least 75-100K rounds to be competitive. FMJ ammo may reduce barrel life a bit but not by 90%.

Edited by CeeZer

Clean the barrel very well. Soak it for an hour and scrub.

Make sure your slide/frame fit wasn't compromised by 'rough handling'.

Check or get it checked - barrel fit in the slide. Also, have barrel bushing checked.

I've put over 60K rounds thru mine (stock Shadow with my own work) and accuracy is still about same as when it was new. The gun still shoots better than I can ever since 2008.

Also, reloading my own ammo, I saved over $8K in those years, That already tells me I can buy a replacement :)

10K is very low for a CZ, I'd say they last at least 75-100K rounds to be competitive. FMJ ammo may reduce barrel life a bit but not by 90%.

yep another 08 Shadow here. had 2 owners. both shot it about 10K per year. so around 50K so far. the only thing that's changed in that time is the trigger gets better.

I've had a few of the issues mentioned. over crimped rounds early on caused the odd tumbling round. wrong OAL caused the odd flyer and tumbler. had a front sight crack that I didn't pick up straight away. had an adjustable rear sight do 2 things. firstly it drifted in the dovetail. then the end part of the windage screw broke and left the blade flapping around. obviously all of those things affected accuracy. but once mechanically I'd say it's still as accurate as it always way. barrel crown is in excellent shape, rifling is clear and sharp, lock-up is good and even slide to fame fit is by no means 'loose'.

perhaps there is something inherently wrong to your particular shadow. but I'd be trying out the suggested fixes/tests before getting too despondent. chances are it's something small that can be remedied. :)

on tuesday i should have a chance after work.

or moon, use good ol boy network and pass it around the slant squad and it'll get to me. maybe through chris or ray.

That sounds "elitist", burningsquirrels. You're only better because you're better, none of this "squad" stuff. Lol.

Hi Moon,

i'm surprised you are having problems with your production gun maybe it rusted because you are not using it :-). G probably will see what's wrong with it. Yeah i could give it to G. i will be at Alabama State friday ROing and saturday shooting.

Do not overclean your CZ's. G becomes master shooter by keeping his Sp01 dirty. Maybe more accurate when dirty :-)