Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Customer service - disappointing

MoonJeong

I purchased a Shadow SP01 custom from CZ Custom about 2 years ago... probably put about 10k minor rounds through. The accuracy went from 2 inches at 25 yards to 8 inches. I called CZ and CZ Custom and both said that competition wear out is not covered by warranty... I've had Glocks and Springfields and they have always taken care of me... I really like the way my CZ shoots, has taken my game from D to C to B class over a few months... I even told them that I won C class in area 6, Alabama, Florida, etc.. they didn't care... they said 10k rounds will wear out the gun and that's not covered... this is so disappointing. Not sure if I should continue shooting CZ based on their customer service, or not mind their service just because they have an excellent product... thoughts?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your accuracy is 25% what it was when you bought it. I assume you paid somewhere around 1200 for it. I will offer you the same 25%. $300. You just let me know where to send it.

Have you thought about having the barrel recrowned? What kind of cleaning regime do you have?

After they said they woudn't warranty the gun, I replaced the barrel thinking that it may be that... changed the barrel ($200) and that didn't help... it's actually the slide and frame that are really loose, at least compared to some of the other ones people shoot...

My cleaning regime is every 1k rounds approx. Only use chemicals, no brush... if I do use I brush it will be a vynil brush on a plastic rod...

Your accuracy is 25% what it was when you bought it. I assume you paid somewhere around 1200 for it. I will offer you the same 25%. $300. You just let me know where to send it.

$310!

Wow - another vote for "Good gun rules" their customer service doesn't matter...

If they are saying the gun is worn out after 10,000 rounds is it really an excellent product? At least that particular specimen?

I have several other CZ guns and none have this problem... probably this particular specimen... whats frustrating is that CZ pushes this gun as the ultimate production gun (AccuShadow now has that title), they are a major sponsor to the sport - so they know we don't shoot a few hundred rounds... 10k rounds isn't bad at all - I would consider this still relatively new... what is upsetting is that they are not standing behind their product... oh, by the way, when I contacted CZ Custom, they said... yeap it's worn out, but that I could pay to have it AccuShadow retrofitted... I'be must have spent around $5k with them over the past couple of years! upsetting...

Are you using hand loads? Have you tried different brands of ammo?

Slide to frame fit would have to be extremely nasty to make accuracy that bad.

I haven't changed my handload since day one. Montana gold 147 on 3 grains of Clays - makes 128 PF. Very accurate when new... accuracy started to go out around 8k and is now unacceptable at 10k...

A few questions before you continue to stay disappointed...purely because I have had nothing but great service from the guys and gals at CZC, especially Stuart.

1. Have you checked to see if your rear sight set screw has loosened?

I have had trouble with this until I flooded my rear sight with red Loctite. It would wobble loose after several thousand rounds and would scoot over up to 1/4". If that sight is moving in the dovetail, it would definitely affect YOUR accuracy.

2. Was there a change in ammo when you started noticing this change in accuracy? That could be another cause.

I have a very hard time believing any big name gun would lose accuracy, and that severely within only 10k rounds....and definitely not a Shadow. Maybe after 50-60k.

Wonder what the average bbl life is??

I have about 20k rounds through my CZechmate and it still does around an inch at 25 yards. My glock 19 had about 30k rounds, didn't loose accuracy - springfield target has about 5k rounds same as new... I'm sure barrel life is in excess of 20k rounds in most guns, and double that in minor loading.

I've also did a refresh on all springs... no luck

I haven't changed my handload since day one. Montana gold 147 on 3 grains of Clays - makes 128 PF. Very accurate when new... accuracy started to go out around 8k and is now unacceptable at 10k...

Not trying to question you loading skills, but I would run a box of factory ammo through it just to be sure before writing off a $1,200 pistol.

new jug of clays? is it temp sensitive? maybe your scale is off? just trying to help troubleshoot

A few questions before you continue to stay disappointed...purely because I have had nothing but great service from the guys and gals at CZC, especially Stuart.

1. Have you checked to see if your rear sight set screw has loosened?

I have had trouble with this until I flooded my rear sight with red Loctite. It would wobble loose after several thousand rounds and would scoot over up to 1/4". If that sight is moving in the dovetail, it would definitely affect YOUR accuracy.

2. Was there a change in ammo when you started noticing this change in accuracy? That could be another cause.

I have a very hard time believing any big name gun would lose accuracy, and that severely within only 10k rounds....and definitely not a Shadow. Maybe after 50-60k.

Thanks - i also thought it may have been the sights so I ordered a Hajo adjustable sight from CZ custom, installed... no luck... i didn't loctite the sights in... hmmm that's something I need to try, although the sights do have set screws and those were loctited...

Ammo hasn't changed - PF remains constant (+- 2 PF)...

Not trying to question you loading skills, but I would run a box of factory ammo through it just to be sure before writing off a $1,200 pistol.

These are great suggestions! I did try a couple of boxes of Walmart Federal and Atlanta Ammo reloads, still pretty bad... Maybe I need to try better quality ammo... although my handloads on my XDM 5.25 and CZ-p07 are extremely accurate...