Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA RangePack losing its form; bottom compartment collapsing

SpankYa

Hi Everyone,

I've had this bag for about six months. It's great and I really like how it's been designed.

The bag appears to be of high quality overall, however I've noticed that the bag is losing its shape. Take a look at the photos and you can see that it is collapsing around the bottom compartment. The internal plastic shell is fine but the fabric is buckling. Aside from the aesthetic, it makes the zipper difficult to open.

Anyone have this problem as well? Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Lester

post-34695-0-67096100-1393194692_thumb.j

post-34695-0-06476500-1393194702_thumb.j

I was thinking hard about the med bag. I bought the first large bag. OMG it was ever large. Sold it. Got the CED back pack, it sagged like yours makes the zippers hard to open. I think I'm going with the G.P.S. they have a couple different bags, this one is black & red handgun back pack. My gunsmith has one & it seems to be the perfect size and doesn't SAG. Cost less too, and comes with some of the DAA bag options. IMO.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gun-range-bag-for-pistols-and-handguns-handgun-pistol-tactical-backpack-/151240894036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2336a8e654

Edited by a matt

I have the DAA med backpack for about 2 months now. I noticed it started leaning to on side, but that is it so far. I hope it doesn't end up like spankya's bag. It is far to expensive for that. I guess time will tell

I bought the large pack originally and the zippers pretty much got destroyed over about 1.5 year of use. I contacted DAA and they replaced it with a Medium pack (I thought the large was great, it held a lot of stuff but it was just too big). Using the medium pack now and I guess we will see how it holds up.

I can tell you this Saul/DAA will stand behind his products. He is very solid when it come to his products. Has anyone ask Saul about the issues. The zipper issue got the new smaller DAA bag he wanted. Just saying. Thanks

I'm curious as to how much stuff you've got loaded in that bag OP. Is the outer pouch in pic two sagging? Or is it the whole bag sagging?

The outer side pocket is not sagging. The bag is usually loaded to about half capacity:

Big pocket:

• My primary gun which is a CZ75 SP-01
  • Pro Ears muffs
  • Five mags loaded with ten rounds each

Top side pockets:

• Left side has my timer and spare batteries
  • Right side is a multi tool

Bottom side pockets have a small note pad, pens, and white out

Bottom middle compartment is supported with molded, plastic frame. It carries my ammo (200 rounds of 147gr 9mm), a mag brush, and a rag.

That's it.

I have the large DAA bag and mine is starting to do the same. However, I feel it is mostly my fault. I have my fully loaded (at least 40+ lbs) and I toss it around quite a bit along with travel to Area and Nationals, its a wonder it hasn't fallen apart yet. It sags a little but it should with the way I use it. DAA always stands behind their products and I know this first hand. I haven't contacted Saul since this one is on me. This bag has really taken a beating and is still going strong except for a lil sagging.

Edited by McCringleberry

This is BY FAR my biggest complaint about my bag. I have the medium bag as well and it is collapsing in the very same spot also. Makes zipping/unzipping the bag a pain the butt.

Anyone have any luck contacting DDA about it?

This is BY FAR my biggest complaint about my bag. I have the medium bag as well and it is collapsing in the very same spot also. Makes zipping/unzipping the bag a pain the butt.

Anyone have any luck contacting DDA about it?

I posted a question about this to Saul on the DAA vendor subforum. He said he would look into it.

The thread is here.