Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Suggestion For Extra Large Range Bag

BroadReach

Need Suggestion For Extra Large Range Bag

My wife and I enjoy shooting together and currently have two range bags but want to consolidate so everything either one of us need is in one bag.

Looking for a bag that can hold 4 or 5 full-size revolvers, several hundred rounds of boxed ammo, two sets of large ear muffs, two pair of safety glasses, a bag full of spent brass, as well as other odd items needed for a day at the range.

Any and all suggestions for a quality bag meeting these criteria would be appreciated

Thanks

I don't run an extra-large bag, and in fact I tend to go with a smaller bag and let stuff hang off. If my ear muffs won't fit inside due to too much other crap I just hook them around the handles for example. I also don't put spent brass in the bag but have a separate mesh bottom brass bag that clips on my main bag. More crap not in the range bag and the jostling about knocks out most of the crap before I get back to the car.

Check out BagMaster - I've used their products for years and they make some pretty large bags that are quite durable.

They also offer a full life-time warranty, which I had the opportunity to take advantage of a few years back when my bag's zipper broke - they ended up sending me a brand new bag.

Don't do it. Bigger bag, more stuff, and even more weight. A forklift would be needed to pick it up and move it around. It's easier for each of you to carry your own bags.

Just what he said. Most matches you have to move your stuff for every stage (except Double Tap where you can shoot several stages before having to move your stuff). You can always get their cart...if you go big.

I would say go the CED/DAA range pack pro backpack. it's pretty big, but I'd also get the rangecart pro to carry it.

Otherwise, I have the largest range safe bag which is identical to the regular super big CED. It can easy hold plenty of gear and has the removable stage bag inside. 8 mag pouches in the big outer flap, 9 more on the inside of the top 'lid' and 6 more in the stage bag. plenty of big pockets.

this one:

range_safe_lrb_shop.jpg

a few companies make bags that are indentical. CED for one.

here's the CED branded version of it.

Z%20-%20CED%20Deluxe%20Pro%20Range%20Bag

they all come with brass bag and inner stage bag too.

here's the CED version at double alpha.

http://www.doublealpha.biz/range-bags/range-bags/ced-xl-professional-range-bag

I see Chivalry isn't dead yet

Like the others said, the bigger the bag, the more stuff you'll put in it

What I would do is put all the heavy stuff in one bag that you'll carry, ammo, guns etc

And all the bulky light stuff in the other, rig, hearing protection, mag etc for you wife

Unless you're getting the big bag for your wife to Carry around, then in that case I salute you

I have to say the range cart pro that double alpha sell to go with their rangepack pro backpack is not a bad thing. the two together make a good combo. the range cart pro does work ok with regular style range bags too, but the backpack seems made for it. at around $100 USD it's a fair bit cheaper than many of the other carts or wagons too.

I have to say the range cart pro that double alpha sell to go with their rangepack pro backpack is not a bad thing. the two together make a good combo. the range cart pro does work ok with regular style range bags too, but the backpack seems made for it. at around $100 USD it's a fair bit cheaper than many of the other carts or wagons too.

I saw one not long after they came out and thought that the wheels were too small for gravel and sand.

yeah it depends where you go I guess. a lot of guys use them here. we have range carparks with some sand and gravel. ranges are often dirt, or grass, or fine gravel. sometimes sand. they seem to hold up ok. there are bigger wheels out there, but for $100 it has a lot of desirable features for an upright cart.

• 3 weeks later...

Big bag more stuff equals sore shoulder, back, legs and anything else. You will get tired and shooting will suffer. What division do you shoot? If it's limited get the biggest bag you can and carry everything in it, that's if you are shooting my division lol