Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which holster do you prefer?

Mlussoro

im running a blade tech right now and hate it! i was looking at the safariland race holster but buddy has it and he doesnt like how much movement the gun has while locked in place,

so safariland

DAA race holster

ghost? super ghost?

manny brag

what are most of you running for your uspsa rig on your TANGs and Witness guns?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using a Safariland 014.

One thing about the 014, they have a lot of adjustment capability so it can take some tinkering to get the fit right. They also come with shims that can be used behind the trigger block to tighten things up. With mine here is a little movement if the tension knob isn't snugged up, but once locked in the gun isn't going anywhere.

If I wasn't already set up with the 014 I'd be investigating the Ghost The One.

I have a DAA Racemaster and a Ghost - the Ghost is a bit smoother on the draw, but the Racemaster is close after some filing and sanding on the insert block. My RM also has the older style hanger and I had to bend it a bit to get the holster pain free (was digging into my leg pretty good), I think the newer ones are shipping with a different hanger to resolve that.

The RM feels more secure IMO and I like the lock function and location a lot better than the Ghost.

If I wasn't a tinkerer I probably would have sent the RM back, but in the end it turned out perfect for me and it has been solid the last 6 months.

I run the Bladetech in IDPA and for USPSA prod - I hate it. Too tight, out of adjustment to loosen it up. Just ordered a Ghost Stinger, a buddy of mine uses one with his Lim Pro and swears buy it. Also have the DAA RM. By far my favorite, but the Tanfoglio block does require hand fitting. I have blocks for XDM, STI, and 1911's, none required any fitting at all. So was a bit disappointed in that. Have a Safariland 012 for an STI - too loose - felt like it was gonna fall out. Also have used CR Speed WSM II, same issue. Just felt like it was too loose.

If you are shooting production, I'd say Ghost Stinger. If you're shooting Limited or Open, I'd suggest the DAA RaceMaster. Just be prepared to steal your wifes emory board and had fit it.

im shooting limited and have the older style rounded trigger guard, i heard this is an issue with most of the holsters mentioned such as RM CR SPEED ect anyone know more about the rounded trigger guard not fitting any of these holsters?

That is what I was afraid of. My wife has a Match, which will be exactly like yours, the only holster we could find was from Bladetech. We had to really loosen hers up, I finally ended up getting the knurled knob adjusters from Ben Stoegers Pro shop. The stock screws where just out of threads. Once I did that, we were able to get it loose enough that she has no trouble drawing it. On my Bladetech, for my Lim Pro, I am flat out of adjustment. I will end up heating it up and then spreading it a hair. But I only use that for IDPA and I am no longer shooting IDPA.

^^^ There you go. If Kneelingatlas or Nealio say something would work, I'd trust it.

:cheers: I have a Match at home I can try out if I get a second; I'm about to start the modification process for one of my CR Speeds to hold the square trigger guard, there is a block which comes with that works, but you really have to yank it out :angry2:

I have used the Ghost stinger and Ghost ultimate for a few years...work great. I am actually switching to the LHS brand Rapid draw , complete with mag pouches.

I have one for the Stock 2 (and it works for the Limited, too)...took 2 months to get it and I don't think I'm a fan - can't get a firing grip on the pistol while it's in the holster.

I have the DAA Racemaster and I'm not a big fan. On my 2nd locking block and its half worn out already. The gun flops around a lot in the Racemaster. I don't think they took the time to design the block properly for the Tanfoglio guns. The Manny Bragg looks promising, but I don't have first hand experience. The blade tech or custom is your best bet.

I'm using a Ghost and like it a lot. It does require you locktite everything down really well or it's gonna move. I hear people complain about this all the time, but really 3 minutes and some locktite solves everything. If you don't have $4 and 3 minutes to spend on it you probably aren't going to go very far in USPSA.

Oh and for the record I hated the bladetech. Where it attaches to the holster is too high so it forced me to bend my thumb on draws which was awkward. Then my bent thumb hit the screw head where it mounts to the belt and would knock the bark off the first knuckle on my thumb. Like 4-5 draws in and my thumb would be bleeding, and that got very anoying trying to dryfire every night.

I got a chance to try my Match in my CR Speed: it sits the same as the square trigger frames. As you can see the trigger is exposed:

IMG_20140129_180033_148_zpsuw8munq0.jpg

There's a different block which holds it lower, but it makes for a stiff draw; for the Match I suggest you get the Tanfoglio specific model: http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/mobile/CR-Speed-WSM2-Holster-Tanfoglio-RH-P2225.aspx

I use the Ghost Stinger for my Stock II and My Limited Elite.The first one I got I had to do a lot of sanding and smoothing on the inside to get it to not be tight and rub the slide,it was almost like the mold moved when it was made and it was slightly tweaked.the second one I just got is perfect,and yes I need to lock tite the screws found that out when I got back from a match and discovered I was missing a rubber bushing and screws.

By the way does anyone know if you can get replacement parts for the Ghost