Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 MGM Ironman

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Federal Tactical(low recoil) buckshot is out for the spinners? I just like the way it patterns. Certainly not a hard hitter.

Looks like the man says #6 is max shot size, so in my best Asian accent...................no buckshot fo you!

more notes:

Squad one starts on stage one, squad 2 on stage 2, and so on and so forth.

shoot two stages before lunch and two stages after lunch every day. Stage 4a and 4b count as one stage.

shooters meeting at 6:30 the first day of both matches.

registration is from 6-8 at the range the day before the match starts. if you want to register the morning of the match, bring an additional $20, a vanilla mocha latte monster, and a box of chocolate...and not the cheap a$$ chocolate either...the good stuff.

I don't know if they're going to have breakfast at the range or not. there'll be lunch, but I'm not sure on the price yet. I'm thinking $8/day, but i'm waiting to hear from T&E on this.

This is all I can think of for now. if you've got more questions, send them over. I'll be headed to the range next Thursday and you won't see or hear from me until you get here. Thx.

adios,

tg

Will we need slings again, if so for what guns? Do you have a link to the squadding? Can't find it any more.

I'd bring one for your pistol and long range gun...what the heck. Bring one for everything just to be safe. I don't THINK we'll need one for the SG, but I'm not 100% sure.

adios,

tg

Just finished laying out my match ammo and putting it away in the new smaller trooper stash can. Looks like I only need to carry a days worth of ammo to start.

What am i doing wrong? Usually it's the first two days to start.

Just finished laying out my match ammo and putting it away in the new smaller trooper stash can. Looks like I only need to carry a days worth of ammo to start.

What am i doing wrong? Usually it's the first two days to start.

Round count has consistently decreased for the past few years, it's more manageable than it used to be; hence the smaller can size.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

Not really clear from the website- Is it acceptable to use a muzzle down cart to transport your guns around? I usually man-pack local matches, but with the .308 for the bonus stages I fear I will wimp out carrying all four guns and ammo with big stages like these.