Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PSV 6 - The AR-15 now shipping!

MattBurkett

FYI, figured out how to make a flash commercial too! If you need video conversion to Flash, please contact me. It is way cool! Check it out on the front page of

Burkett Video

If you got a copy, can you please post a review up at my forum. Thanks!

••••••••••••

Matt,

I just finished watching your new video #-6 and wanted to say thanks for another great job.

I'm a Police Officer, SWAT member, firearms instructor, armorer, blah, blah, blah.  Anyway I'm always pleased with the amount of information I pick up from your videos that I can put to use.  On your AR video I really liked the various stances you covered.  I have not previously seen the prone position with turning the gun on its side.  I'm going to be putting that to some use at future trainings.  I also love the idea of pointing the support hand index finger at the target.  As I'm sure you know most Police shootings are at very close range.  I thinking using the concept of pointing the finger is going to greatly help my guys out.

In your video you made a comment about 'tactical guys' keeping their elbows down and everything tight.  You are right in your reasoning.  Most of the spaces we work in are very tight.  Our bad guys seem to like to live in the smallest apartment, single wide trailer, or shack they can find.  There is a second reason though.  Us cops have to do a lot of other things with that support hand besides holding the rifle.  During searches I've had to open doors, move various obstacles and/or people, key my radio mic, etc.  You can support the rifle with just your strong hand if your elbow is down.  Cant be done for more than a few seconds if your elbow is out.  Our SWAT members actually train to shoot the rifle one handed in case the need arises.

I have run many thoughts, questions, and concepts by you in the past and have always gotten a response.  Thanks a bunch for being the resource that you are.  Also congrats on another great video.  I'm looking forward to #7.

David Blosser

Kennewick, Washington

•••••••

From Pete in TX

Got my DVD yesterday of the AR-15. I LIKE IT. There is a lot of good information in the DVD. There are also some extras on the DVD that I like. That MGM IronMan match looks like a BLAST. If you have not ordered your copy or you are waiting to get it I am sure you are going to like it.

MATT GREAT JOB.

•••••••

psv6-coverflat.gif

Check it out today at Burkett Video!

Matt - thanks for the DVDs

I'll consider it a personal favor if you *don't* sell a copy to my shooting buddy. About the only chance I have of beating him in a 3-gun match is in the rifle stages, and if he gets a copy of these DVDs, life as we know it will cease to exist ;-)

Bruce

Kelly,

Thanks!

Bruce, what is his name so I can send him a discount code!!! heheheh :-P

NOTICE: We have had a couple of problems with the first batch of discs we shipped. If you are experiencing any playback or incompatability issues, PLEASE email us at matt@burkettvideo.com with your address and order # and we will ship you a new set ASAP. I apologize for any inconvience this has caused and it should be limited to only about 20 sets. Call me directly with any questions at

602-790-8838.

Happy Holidays!

Matt

Hey Matt,

I thought Vol 6. was well thought out and did a good job convering the rifle skills/techniques needed for 3-gun. I'm an LE firearms trainer and bought Vol 6 to learn more about 3 gun rifle and was also hoping for new techniques that I can bring to the officers I train. I got what I was looking for. The section with JP and 3gun gear was also helpful.

The bonus footage from the Iron Man and RM3G was great and gave me some insight into what to expect at these matches.

I did get one of the bad Vol 6 disk sets and I thank you for getting me out a new Vol 6 right away. The new disks worked great. Great customer service after the sale.

Good luck,

Nick Weidhaas

Easthampton, MA

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Nick!

FYI has anyone found the footage of Alan Samuel using the M-60 E3 at the RM3g? Check Part 2 > sponsor links > machineguntours

ROCKING! hehehe

FYI just for reading this, you can see some new helmetcam pistol footage at:

http://burkettvideo.com/test/fophelmet.htm

This is helmet cam footage from the killhouse over in Fayetteville, NC at the FOP 3 Gun. I haven't publically released this footage yet, so please don't post the link anywhere. Of course you can have your buddies look at it if you think they would like it.

Hasta,

Matt

Matt,

Got the dvds for xmas from my girlfriend.. good job.

I do have one issue, not a complaint or anything just want to point something out. I sell Police and Military Special Ops gear. I get questioned all the time about the snaps and velcro thing. You prefer snaps over velcro on mag pouches so if your sneaking up on someone they don`t hear the velcro pulling apart when you go for a magazine.. all you have to do with a snap is cover it and quietly unsnap to get your spare mags.. which makes sense to a point.

Here is my question.... If your on a "mission"

#1 Why isn`t there a magazine in your weapon?

#2 If you do have to go for a reload and you did have a magazine in said weapon... where did all the ammo go that was in it?

Wouldn`t expending all those rounds make more noise than velcro tearing negating the need for a quiet reload. I`ve never been able to figure that out.

Great videos.. look forward to the shotgun ones.

CS#158

Looking like Feb. for the Shotgun Vid to ship. :-) Crossing my fingers of course with the shotshow and everything else going on. FYI looks like it may be another monster 2 disc set.

:-)

CS you are absolutely correct. I think the gunshots are going to be SLIGHTLY louder than the tearing of velcro in the middle of a GF. There are a lot of tactical things like that we should discuss sometime. Paint it black-add velcro-it's officially tactical now!!

You prefer snaps over velcro on mag pouches so if your sneaking up on someone they don`t hear the velcro pulling apart when you go for a magazine.. all you have to do with a snap is cover it and quietly unsnap to get your spare mags.. which makes sense to a point.

(Not Matt B.)

But what about when you snag your velcro'd mag pouch lid on the splinters on the doorway and it goes RIIIIIIIIIP! ?

All I know is that for hunting, I had a strong preference for stuff with snaps over velcro, zippers, and the rest. For combat? I haven't a clue...

Usually the door gets splinter immediately following a loud BOOOOOM when the breaching charge goes. :-)

CS see you there. Are you with Chandler (AZ) as a sniper? Getting my AW back pretty soon and going to do some practice next month. Want to go?

hasta,

Matt

Matt,

Glad to see that you've got a video out on shooting rifle. We've said for a long time that as great a pistol shooter as you are, you're probably a better rifle shooter.

I'll have to get my order in after I get setted in at Ft. Sam. Give 'em hell this year at SMM3G and US3GN, as well as all the 3-gun matches that you're shooting. You've been a great instructor and motivator in advancing my shooting, I just need to get some time (and a little more motivation) and I'll reach all my goals.

Keep up the great work!

SPC Richard White

A BTRY, 1/79th FA

Thats what I was thinkin.. the breeching charge or ram might make some noise.

It`s Chandler as in Iron Brigade Armorys Lt. Col Norm Chandler. He builds my bolt guns. I`m up in Michigan snowed in.. I am bringin my MK11 out to Mesa.. Stopping out in NM at Dave Wheelers place for a couple days to practice before the match.. need to stretch its legs a big. We can put a few rounds thru it out there if ya want, I`ll just bring more ammo.

CS#158

Not only did this DVD fill all the blanks I had about the AR but Matt displayed great customer service. I had one of his bad disks and upon contacting him, he had a new one right out in the mail. He even included a Matt Burkett Lens cloth as a complimentary gift.

Now I can give NickW a run for his money at next years Harvard rifle match ;)

BTW, you have to keep up the production schedule you have because the DVDs a great X-mas gift and it's pretty funny because we watch them at the house X-mas day. My grandparents think they're a riot.

Thanks,

Steve

I bought a copy of The AR-15 video more on a lark than anything else.

Over the past few years I have shot a number of the local 2 and 3 -gun matches and thought I had a pretty good idea of the current state of the AR-15 and methods.

Boy was I wrong!

There was a lot of good stuff on this video. Things dealing with equipment, approaches to the game, and core training concepts.

Matt showed a number of things that should have been obvious to me all along, but they were not. It caused me to slow down and start taking a look at the seperate pieces of shooting an AR or any rifle, and doing it quickly and precisely.

I have not seen any other of Matt's videos but think this one is certainly worth buying and watching quite a number of times.

He comvers a lot of good stuff.

Well worth the money at double the price.

Having shot three gun for only one season I knew there was a lot to learn, and Matt pours it on. A ton of tips both large and small that will help to improve your rifle and match skills. If your new to rifle like me it is priceless.

O.K. Matt, time start production on a shotgun DVD...