Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon / NRA World Shooting Champs

I'm always interested in winning money but doing so with prop guns isn't very confidence inspiring.

The $50,000 first prize is intriguing but the $3,000 second prize is pretty disappointing. The overall winner is likely to win several of the segments too.

Should be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

If I get an invite I'll be there with bells on!

Unless somehow the deck gets stacked in a sponsored shooters favor...it always comes down to the most prepared

shooter.

I, like most all of us, have a full time job outside of the shooting world and a two part time jobs to boot. I will not be able to put the time in

to be where others can and will be....but that has never stopped me before!

Let's do this!

I'd like to do it just for the experience. It's like a shooting sports buffet! Plus, Larry runs a great match.

Wonder what kind of entry fee we'll be looking at? Providing all those stage guns and ammo can't be cheap.

I wonder if a IPSC World Shotgun Championship title will get one in the door? What do you think Larry? I'll be fresh back from the Nordic Rifle Championships in Finland and ready to have some fun!!!

This looks pretty rich and might be fun but what is it doing in this forum?

Sounds like industry masters but for real $$$ and with one winner.

I am not knocking it? Sounds like a fun 4 days shooting several disciplines. Would be cool if they had a 3 gun stage though.

Edited by Lead-Head

They do have a 3 gun stage of I read all that stuff right.

Kurt you have a bunch of titles. I say rather than invite it should be invite by application/resume. I've win a bunch of L10 titles at our local club.

Bryan I can't fathom the firearm maintenance somebody is going to have to perform nonstop. I remember everyone Kurt touched an SLP shotgun in the first few 3GN shoot offs it would jam cause he limp wristed them, lol!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Man, you'd have to be 70 just to have shot all of those different types of events! A couple of them I've not even heard of before. I think I'll have to settle for being the champion of my block.

Maybe not 70, around 60 should cover it!

Yep...where's second chance bowling pin shoot?

Kurt you have a bunch of titles. I say rather than invite it should be invite by application/resume. I've win a bunch of L10 titles at our local club.

It is invite by application. Did you check the website? If you want an invite you have to apply for one.

Bryan I can't fathom the firearm maintenance somebody is going to have to perform nonstop. I remember everyone Kurt touched an SLP shotgun in the first few 3GN shoot offs it would jam cause he limp wristed them, lol!

So I ask you Kyle, how would you take this? I'm really trying here, but the dark side is strong!

Man, you'd have to be 70 just to have shot all of those different types of events! A couple of them I've not even heard of before. I think I'll have to settle for being the champion of my block.

Lol, classic!

I shot Second Chance 3 times too. :roflol:

It is invite by application. Did you check the website? If you want an invite you have to apply for one.

Dang I must have missed it. Not much of a reader that's why I shoot 3 gun. The rule books are shorter.

So I ask you Kyle, how would you take this? I'm really trying here, but the dark side is strong!

Kurt I was trying to pay you a compliment about your titles by agreeing with you while at the same time poking fun of the back-to-back L10 titles I won the past two years at the Double Tap Championship. Just like all our local shooting buddies do.

As for the limp writing shotgun comment I guess you forgot about Larry Houck giving you crap at the 2010 Midwest 3 Gun Nation shoot off for limp wristing the FN SLP to make it jam twice in a row? We all had a good laugh together about it back in the good old days.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Thank you Jesse! alot of things in my life have gone negative so I just gravitate that way. Winning L-10 at the Double Tap match for two years in a row is a great accomplishment and nothing to belittle, even if you do that yourself! The statement was " Kurt you need to learn how to hold a shotgun".... I think this is probably my favorite statement of 3-gun! and probably why Larry will always hold a special place in my heart!!! :)

Edited by kurtm

It,s all good! The Master's used to run this way and it was a blast!!! Anytime "other folks" guns and ammo are interjected into the mix it adds a bit of consternatin, but the concept is really cool and is about as good a test as can be had for " the best well rounded shooter" in the world!!!! If I get invited I really don't expect to winn...look to Doug Koenig or Jimmy Clark to win...but I will be damn proud to be in there somewhere!!!

It,s all good! The Master's used to run this way and it was a blast!!! Anytime "other folks" guns and ammo are interjected into the mix it adds a bit of consternatin, but the concept is really cool and is about as good a test as can be had for " the best well rounded shooter" in the world!!!! If I get invited I really don't expect to winn...look to Doug Koenig or Jimmy Clark to win...but I will be damn proud to be in there somewhere!!!

You and I will hold our own in a couple of segments for sure. And perhaps in ones no one expects us too! After all...we are "just" 3-Gunners.

Edited by P.E. Kelley