Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

True Detective

I liked it but I thought it was scary. Definitely not something I can watch before bed (I'm a chicken!). I'll DVR it and watch it in the comfortable safety of a Saturday afternoon laundry-folding session!

The third episode was off the hook. Mcconaughey, and his dialogue was, at its core, very zen-like, regarding concepts like individually, illusion, and separteness. But he deliverd it in a dark, unsettling way. And The ending was killer - gave me the chills big time.

Wasn't it not that long ago that Mcconaughey was being pummeled with claims that his acting skills were limited to taking his shirt off? Great acting, dialogue and cinematography. I never watch series and this has me absolutely, completely hooked.

Anyone else notice the William Burroughs influence in some of the writing? My wife and I had talked about that before. And then last night there was a (very close) paraphrase right out of one of Burroughs' books.

I'd be interested to know what that was?

Anyone else notice the William Burroughs influence in some of the writing? My wife and I had talked about that before. And then last night there was a (very close) paraphrase right out of one of Burroughs' books.

I'd be interested to know what that was?

Brian,

If you really want to appreciate the level this show is operating at, you need to understand the Yellow King which is the basis of the series....

http://io9.com/the-one-literary-reference-you-must-know-to-appreciate-1523076497

enjoy,

sean