Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK 41-practical .45ACP and GLOCK-42 .380

Kimbertarget

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting for the details/specs to come out and personally can't see enough advantage over a G21 to buy it right now since I just bought a G4 21 2 months ago. I do think it will be popular though.

Edited by XDMer

I was very unhappy to see Glock release the .380 instead of a single stack 9mm. I don't see a huge marked for the Glock 42. I'll stick to carrying my G36 and my Kahr PM9 over a 42.

I too was not very excited about a another small 380 but I am excited that GLOCK is finally doing a single stack. And we all know that once they start it will keep going. There will be a 9mm single stack in sure. I will still look at a 42 just to say I have a small 380 Glock

I am excited that GLOCK is finally doing a single stack.

Well --- they have already been doing a single stack. That's what the G36 is (single stack .45). I've been carrying that for several years now. I would have thought a single stack 9mm would have happened before a .380.

Yeah I meant in a smaller caliber. The single stack 45 didn't change much in dimension for the wide body GLOCK I guess I should have worded it better

Correct --- dimension really wasn't that far off (width-wise) from something like the .40 subcompact. I am actually thinking of dropping the G36 and going with the new G30s to replace it. 4 more rounds of .45 with only about 0.1 inch increase in width.

Notice how they skipped G40 so far. I'm hoping they are also going to release a single stack 9mm as the G40 and announce it at Shot Show as a big surprise.

I heard that they skipped G40 because they didn't want to cause any confusion with people thinking that the 40 meant it was a .40 S&W. Of course -- this is just what I *heard*. I've got no real evidence to back that up.

The G42 is a solution in search of a problem. It is too big, the capacity is too small and it does nothing better than the 26/27 except for weight due to mag capacity.

I will have to hold one in my hand before I make a judgement but if the specs I saw are correct; the G42 is 8 ounces lighter than a G26, unloaded. 13.76 ounces versus 21.71 ounces. I'm ambivalent about the .380 but would like something smaller than my G26 and I'm what you would call a

Glock fan boy. : )

I think the block 41 might be what I pick up this year if they let me do it through GSSF. I have a 17 I won last year, but it just doesn't seem to fit my hand or get me all excited about shooting like some other ones. A big whomping high(er) capacity 45 sure might though.

If not the best for CDP, it would certainly be an interesting choice for HD or the truck. Put a light/laser/mag extension and have a monster handgun might be fun. we'll see!

Notice how they skipped G40 so far. I'm hoping they are also going to release a single stack 9mm as the G40 and announce it at Shot Show as a big surprise.

I hope it is a 10mm with a slimmed slide like the G41

Not like I need one or anything but a long slide 10mm would be a real nice truck/walking around in the woods gun.

just echoing what has been said, the G42 makes no sense to me as I would have rather had something in 9mm the size of the m&p shield with a grip length equivalent to what you get with the shield extended mag. The G42 has what, 6 rounds? Why not carry a .38 special at that point?

also hoping that a longslide 10mm gets made somewhat soon. the G41 seems neat but I am not a huge fan of .45 acp

Edited by polymerfeelsweirdman

GLOCK-40 is .22cal so a G-22 is a .40 :) J.K.

No G40 as to not confuse caliber with model nomenclature.

As for a 10mm hunter longslide, that would be a great "BOWLING PIN MATCH" pistol too!

They should offer the G41 without finger grooves option and undercut "notch" that trigger guard from the factory finally.

Edited by Kimbertarget

I think the 41 is cool. A local shop is already calling to order a few. As for the 380 cartridge i think is not ideal but cool that glock is going to offer a small frame single stack pistol.

Agreed..im going to pick up a G41 for steel challenge and bowling pin matches. As for the .380 meh, its cool for A .380, because there are only a few reliable quakity .380s (SIG/KAHR) so for Glock to throw the 42 in the US market is a smart move due to brand recognition. Some females have never heard of SIG ot others,but even my grandmother knows the name GLOCK from the 1980s propaganda on how these "ceramic pistols" were going to get through metal detectors..lmao. So i know GLOCK will do extremely well in the E.D.C. And female market with the .380.

In regards to new GLOCKS why havent they offered a custom shop service to get rid of those aweful finger grooves and have the rail as an option? You would think with all the aftermarket doing mods,glock would just offer them since they are cost effective and provide options for prospective buyers. That is all the GLOCK 41/42 are,OPTIONs to diversify for a larger market share to both extreme sides of the firearms market.

A production legal MAJOR GLOCK-41 and a small E.D.C. Ultra compact .380. I think it makes perfect sense capping off both extremes.

Since i doubt they will make a 10mm 6" HUNTER or a derringer style .22/.25

A carbine would be a cool next level step for glock or perhaps a .22.

My .02

Hey did anyone see on gunbroker the GEN-1 GLOCKS are going for more than GEN3/4s so they have a cult/collector following already which means no matter what they build as long as it has GLOCK on the slide it will sell. I cant believe that 1st year GLOCK GEN 1 just went for almost $1000 on gunbroker!

Maybe ill hold onto these like my 1911s after all ;)

Edited by Kimbertarget

A production legal MAJOR GLOCK-41 and a small E.D.C. Ultra compact .380.

FWIW everyone in production gets scored as minor regardless of what you shoot. (Unless I misunderstood your post)

I do find the 41 an interesting pistol. Once our LGS gets one in I plan to check it out.

It stands to reason that our friends at Glock will hear the groans and moans for coming out with a S.S. 380. I'd expect to see a S.S. 9mm, from Glock, in the not too distant future. Yea, the .380 will work BUT a S.S. 9 could be almost exactly the same size (please oh please Glock make it long enough so my pinky has a place to grip) and serve as a PERFECT BUG since it would mean only ONE type of ammo.