Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problems ordering from Montana Gold?

Suff

I have been trying for two days to place an order with Montana Gold. Everytime I go thru the checkout cart it comes back with " Error in capturing payment". I have tried different computers and different credit cards. Since you can no longer speak with MG all I can get from them via e-mail is basically "sorry, it works for others". Anyone else encounter this?

That would irritate the crap out of me. It might be a problem on their end. I got something along that same when trying to check my cart out on Dawson precisions website. I called and they were extremely concerned and took me through the steps by phone and made me read off everything it said and a bunch of script and random stuff that is beyond me. Either way, That's a pretty crappy response they gave you.

I just placed an order yesterday for 9mm124 grain HP and received an email today that the order has shipped. No problems with the website. Now getting the 125 grain Zero's that I've had on order since last March is another story...

Either way, That's a pretty crappy response they gave you.

The OP said he was BASICALLY told it works for others. That hardly sounds like a direct quote and even if it was it's still not crappy. If 100 orders go though and mine doesn't I would expect them to tell me it's working for others so I can try to figure out the problem.

Montana Gold is a solid company that really supports USPSA in big ways.

Edited by Sarge

Either way, That's a pretty crappy response they gave you.

The OP said he was BASICALLY told it works for others. That hardly sounds like a direct quote and even if it was it's still not crappy. If 100 orders go though and mine doesn't I would expect them to tell me it's working for others so I can try to figure out the problem.

Montana Gold is a solid company that really supports USPSA in big ways.

+1!

I've probably ordered in excess of 50K bullets from MG and never had a problem. GREAT FOLKS! GREAT BULLETS! GREAT SERVICE!

Pat

Received a case of 124's Friday, making 10 cases in the last 2 years, the most reliable source of bullets in the business, normally ships within 24 hours with tracking information & a major supporter at matches, received $200.00 in gift certificates last year alone.

It is not my intent to bash MG. I like their products and they work great for me. Heck, I'm trying my best to give them my money for their product! I was just hoping someone had maybe had the same problem and could tell me what they did differently.

I have done multiple combinations of the following:

Tried 3 different credit cards (each from different banks)

Tried my office PC, laptop at home, and iphone

Created a different account using a different e-mail address

Cleared all my browser history and ensured that cookies were allowed

It is not my intent to bash MG. I like their products and they work great for me. Heck, I'm trying my best to give them my money for their product! I was just hoping someone had maybe had the same problem and could tell me what they did differently.

I have done multiple combinations of the following:

Tried 3 different credit cards (each from different banks)

Tried my office PC, laptop at home, and iphone

Created a different account using a different e-mail address

Cleared all my browser history and ensured that cookies were allowed

I don't have a clue as to what is causing your problem but it is clear that others are not having any problems ordering from Montana Gold.

Pat

The fact that Montana Gold is great supporter and everyone loves their bullets doesn't mean squat if the man can't order any :(.

Suff: What web browser are you using? What OS Windows or Mac? Do you have access to another computer at home or work?

EDIT: I see you've tried multiple computers from multiple sources. That sucks! You get the exact same error message every time?

Edited by ZackJones

Just as an FYI, Norm called me from MG and explained they fixed some errors overnight with their server. He asked that I try a few things and resubmit the order, at which time it worked.

Guest COUNTYGUARDIAN3

I have been trying for two days to place an order with Montana Gold. Everytime I go thru the checkout cart it comes back with " Error in capturing payment". I have tried different computers and different credit cards. Since you can no longer speak with MG all I can get from them via e-mail is basically "sorry, it works for others". Anyone else encounter this?

I had the exact same thing happen with the error message. Called them on the phone and worked with their folks and tried half dozen things to "fix" the problem. They told me that their system is so tightly controlled (so as to protect the customer from fraud) that if ANYTHING is detected to be different from previous orders (hardware or software wise) that it would reject the order and give this message.

As a last resort, they suggested that I actually set up another account (just as if I did not have one) with new passwords,etc., and see if that would work. I did and it fixed the problem. Have ordered several cases since then with no bobbles.

They really tried to help on the front end and as a last resort, they suggested the new account. Small price to pay for what I consider to be an excellent product with super shipping and delivery. Usually have the order in my office within three or four days of placing it. I am very happy with them and their service.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes payment processors will flag the transaction if your billing address doesn't 100% match the text string assigned to your card. This is normally a non-issue if you have an address that follows the standard "number and street name" format but some checkout systems will test the address you give them for validity against a database. Many times they'll "auto-correct" your address and butcher the formatting so that it doesn't match what's stored for your card.

Yes, I had the exact same problem last fall. I tried numerous times and got the same message. I previously placed an order last June with no problems. I e-mailed them and received some polite suggestions, but no luck. I finally asked a shooting friend of mine who does business with them to submit my order on his credit card and it went through. I am currently well stocked and haven't had the need to try it again. I feel your frustration and I was hoping it was an isolated situation, but apparently not. I hope it works out for you because they are pretty good people to deal with and I like their bullets.