Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ohio (Buckeye) Section Match

Great match--stages, ROs and staff, facilities, fellow squad members--everything was first rate! Sam and I really enjoyed ourselves.

Congratulations to Patrick Sweeney for his division victory at the ORC! I would love to see this many wheelguns begin to show up at more and more matches--now that we have some momentum underway, let's keep in going!

Congratulations to the other division winners, also.

Flex and Mr. A: Nice job, and thanks for having us!

Mike

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How any of you slept through the fire alarm, Mrs. BDH and I just don't know!! :huh: Of greater concern was that apparently the Circleville FD ALSO slept through the fire alarm.... :wacko:

Congrats to ALL who participated, as I think everyone WON! Overall, I am not sure when I have been at a major match where everyone involved, seemed to have had such a great time..... :D

BTW, who knew that Flex had such tight ties to the WEATHER GODS? Kyle, whats it cost for you to work your 'weather magic' in a few weeks in Barry? :huh:;)

Well we made it back to the Southern States without too much trouble !!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I would like to thank Kyle and the rest of the crew for making us feel welcome and am glad we made the 9 hr trip up to not only shoot with ya'll but get to put faces with names and "handles".

Congrats go to Patrick Sweeney for winning the "Ohio Revolver Championships" :D:D:D and my buddy Carmoney for keeping the pressure on him, you almost did it !!!!

To the rest of my squad mates, I thouroughly enjoyed shooting with you and hope I made as good an impression on you as you did me !!!!!

Kyle put on an EXCELENT match !!! (with the help of Steve Anderson) I will consider the 9 hr trip again next year for sure if they do it again !!!! ;)

Good match, Great folks, Great time.

Hopalong

Congrats to Shooter Grrl for High Ltd Lady...........(and she HATES LTD)

Congrats to all else who showed up just to shoot you chose wisely

I would like to add.... Congrats go to GmanCDP (Greg Brose) for 10th LTD-10 at his first Major Match !!!!!! :):):)

Edited by hopalong

FYI

I checked at the desk. The fire alarm was some woman lighting a candle in her room at 2:30 in the morning. Apparently the smoke detectors picked up the inferred. Thank God I had an alarm just outside my room. It actually was louder than my snoring.

It was a good match and I had a buttload of fun, not to mention a buttload of mikes :o

Thanks for those who put it on, there's way too many people to list and I'd feel bad leaving someone out! Though, the people in the stats house rock, they were extremely fast on getting things done!

Unfortunately for me, I had a real fire alarm during the shooter's meeting on Saturday. My wife called me to tell me the deck was on fire! Apparently some sparks from the night before landed on my grill table and smoldered all night long. As it turned out it wasn't too serious but it did ruin my weekend as I went straight home instead of shooting.

Congratulations to Kyle and everyone that made the match a huge success! The range looked fantastic, the weather was great, and everyone was having a good time.

EGGHOT.jpg

Anyone have any pics or videos they would like to share with the rest of us ??? I didnt take my camera because the fine folks I rode with had one, and I ass-umed they could get some pics of me, *and then the squad list was read aloud* and we got seperated the rest of the day. But I had a great time with a great bunch of guys on my squad.

One of the RO's even offered to take a group photo of us, and then his camera died. Foutunatley some of the guests/family members that were tagging along with us had cameras and got pics of that group shot, but of course I dont know their e-mail addresses, so I am left hanging in limbo ...................... :unsure:

Anyways I had a great time, Kyle & Steve & Brian put on a great match. Thanks guys.

P.S. Where do I get an application to join that Stevie Wonder Shooting Team ??? I'm sure I'll be approved after you look at my scores ! :D

Glad you guys had fun. Kyle did a fantastic job turning C-ville into a first class major match facility.

Now that you know where it is, we shoot IPSC first saturday of every month, rain or shine! Steel is 3rd Sat...

Congrats to Brad Balsley on taking open, and Jake to nipping at his heels.

SA

The match staff are to be highly commended, great job everyone! It was good to see everyone out there in IPSC land, it's always a pleasure. Special thanks to Kyle, Brian (even though he shot that popper a little high and with ammo of questionable power factor... :P ), and Steve (for his positive attitude and comments that helped pick up a slightly battered and broken turtle)! Congratulations to the winners and once again to the match staff, truly a job well done!

It was a good match and I had a buttload of fun, not to mention a buttload of mikes  :o

Thanks for those who put it on, there's way too many people to list and I'd feel bad leaving someone out! Though, the people in the stats house rock, they were extremely fast on getting things done!

I gave new meaning to 'buttload of mikes'...... Mr. Stevie Wonder might have beat me, LOL

Thanks for the comments on stats, Im glad it went extremely well, I had some great help up there entering scores. We didnt beat any records and I wasnt watching the clock but Im pretty sure we started posting inside 10 minutes of last shot.

Thanks to SA for providing the computers for my setup, this was my first time running stats and Im glad everyone was pleased with the outcome. I hope to get to do it again next year.

I don't even know where to start...

I think I am going to sit back and sip on some of this premium 12 year old Canadian Club and let it all soak in.

A toast then, Here's to a great match full of friends and shooting under clear skies. If your match didn't go right then remeber that a bad day of shooting beats a good day of working.

Just take it easy, it's right out of Windsor so it should be a little more potent :blink:

Special thanks to Kyle, Brian (even though he shot that popper a little high and with ammo of questionable power factor... :P ), and Steve (for his positive attitude and comments that helped pick up a slightly battered and broken turtle)!

Todd, thanks for the thanks!! As for hitting your popper a little high, I thought my shot was well within the calibration zone. :huh: Maybe it just looked high to you since your shot was so low... :P:P:P Seriously, I would have rather seen it stay up (especially, since you knocked it down the first time, and were only re-shooting because of turning that plate sideways). Sorry about that! I think I had nine or ten calibration challenges, and did win all of them (both you and Kyle came out on the losing end of these :( ), except for one, that is..... ;)

Ahh, the Shaky Bridge Standards...the only thing standard about that was the mikes/penalties and many, many black pasters being used. This is the THIRD time I've stood upon that infernal device, and it does not get better with practice.

About the only good thing that I can say about it, is that I did not have to try to reload my 625 while shaking and quaking.

I must confess that I had evil thoughts concerning a gallon of gas and a match, and how nice that range prop would look as the fuel source for a cook-out <_<

As a member of Squad 11 on Saturday, the 5 revolvers (and 2 bottomfeeders that we permitted to enjoy our company) had a very good time. Diana is beginning to think about the way of the wheelgun...we may convert her yet away from that bottomfeeder. After watching how much fun (and time) wheelgunners get to spend on the range, she thinks that we get more "bang" for our $$$$ (we may get her to come over yet, Airedale)

My compliments to the Circleville crew for putting on a great Ohio Revolver Championship. BTW, the lunch was excellent, with a lot of healthy foods, and some great candy bars to provide the real food groups :D

I was on squad 11,as well, I would like to thank Kyle and the other staff for a great match. I was great to be a part of USPSA history! Thanks to Bill and Herky for filling out the 20, as well as all the other shooters who traveled to the Ohio Revolver Championship.

The entire stats crew did a great job. They even had to recover from a loss of power for a short time.

It was nice to meet all the BE members and put faces with the names. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.