Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Benelli/ Rockcastle Shotgun Championship

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a lot of sponsors donating some awesome prizes this year.

8 guns will be on the table!

Sweet!

..got my confirm the other day...looking forward to some shotgun fun in Kentucky!

Awesome! We are glad to hear it.

Also, if anyone is interested in sponsoring the match just let me know. We still have slots available!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any advice for shooting this match? I have shot the pro-am for the last 2 years. What were distances for slug and buckshot targets? Any flying clays this year? Do they post any of the stages in advance? About how long did it take to shoot the nine stages each day last year? Any side matches to shoot? How was the prize table last year?

ucoamultigun...

Know how your shotgun patterns. Last year there were several side by side plates where one plate is a NoShoot/Penalty target.

Know where your slugs hit. Slug plates at 50-100 yards. They killed me last year.

I don't recall any flying clays, but I guess its always something you need to be able to handle.

Its pretty much an all day shoot both days. ROing last year, we ate on the stage and were on it all day.

There were a couple of stages that required a LOT of movement (The jungle run, the bath house, cowboy town) so be prepared to RUN.

Any advice for shooting this match? I have shot the pro-am for the last 2 years. What were distances for slug and buckshot targets? Any flying clays this year? Do they post any of the stages in advance? About how long did it take to shoot the nine stages each day last year? Any side matches to shoot? How was the prize table last year?

This year we will have at least guns on the table. Probably more.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I will gladly meet up with my fellow shooters...... quite sure a bottle of Makers 46 and a few glasses will get me entrance into the group..... Thursday night, either in the cafe or outside where pipes and cigars are welcome?

• 2 weeks later...