Accu-Shadow on Approved Production List

rgkeller

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I agree with them to an extent, but I believe this one takes it to another level by letting a custom shop redesign the trigger and barrel mounting system of an already accepted production gun.

That being said, I'll be buying one as soon as I move to another state.

Edited by Whoops!

They are also a manufacture. They make the shadow, or import them, no different than czusa. The accu shadow is just them taking their gun to another level of awesomeness. Glock/SW could do the same thing. To me it's no different than a G17 vs. G34. The 34 was designed for competition use. Now if they came out with a g34A would it be legal? Sure once they filed the paper work.

What aoy of people don't understand is production isn't box stock. Most glocks running around have damn near as much in the parts they have in/on them as the gun cost. So you taking around 8-900. Sure I have more in my shadows than that but if you say modded up a H&k or some other expensive base gun you'll be in the same boat.

I personally think it's great. The shadow is the reason I will shoot production.

Edited by steel1212

Next Question:

If the Accu-shadow is on the list now, does that mean we can have the accu-shadow bushing installed by CZC on a different CZ we already have and use it legally in Production?

Eric

I would love the answer to this as well.

Yeah, I agree with them to an extent, but I believe this one takes it to another level by letting a custom shop redesign the trigger and barrel mounting system of an already accepted production gun.

The pre-Bs used to have short reset disconnectors. It really is just a disconnector. The rest is a trigger job which all Shadows have anyway. It's not like the CZ Custom Shop made a new trigger mechanism. It's a part from a pre-B gun that they found could work on a non firing pin block guns.

http://czcustom.com/CZUBPREBDROPINDISCONNECTOR.aspx

Next Question:

If the Accu-shadow is on the list now, does that mean we can have the accu-shadow bushing installed by CZC on a different CZ we already have and use it legally in Production?

Eric

I would love the answer to this as well.
Me too.

The accu shadow is more than just a disco lol

I was referring to the other guy talking about the CZ Custom Shop redesigning the trigger. They didn't redesign the trigger unless you call a trigger job a redesigned trigger mechanism. Neither is the short reset disco a redesigned mechanism.

And yes, I know the Accu-shadow is more than just a disco. I have had my custom Accu-shadow since Feb of this year. My favorite gun thus far.

The pre-Bs used to have short reset disconnectors. It really is just a disconnector. The rest is a trigger job which all Shadows have anyway. It's not like the CZ Custom Shop made a new trigger mechanism. It's a part from a pre-B gun that they found could work on a non firing pin block guns.

Are you sure they're the same parts and that's the only difference? If so, I think that's fair to production division.

I don't agree with the Glock comparison however. When Glock puts an external bushing on their slide and it is production approved, then I may agree. When USPSA allows Beretta 9x series with an external bushing, then I will say production is, "more fair". As of now, I think it's an unfair decision, favoring CZ over other platforms that have already used an external bushing and been disqualified from production division as a result. Did the factory do the external bushing? No, a custom shop did, specifically for competition purposes.

It doesn't matter what I think, but I am a voice of equality. Like I said, it's still a cool upgrade to an already cool gun. But, that's what it is . . . an unfair upgrade when they've disapproved plenty of other entrants because they were deemed to be designed specifically for competition, even though several other of these entrants were obviously less competitive than this. I wish I could remember the most recent one discussed on this board . . . Was it the Strike-One? Anyone remember?

Regardless, the production portion clearly says they won't approve handguns with magwell flaring. How many handguns on the list already have it? Kind of hypocritical, isn't it?

USPSA - NROI Production Gun List

There are steps and criteria for a handgun to be accepted to the Production gun list.

• 1. 2000 manufactured and available to the general public .
  • 2. No magwell attachments or external flaring of the magwell, the lateral internal width of the well may not be more than 1/4" wider than the lateral width of the magazine. The lateral width of the well to mean the narrow width where the mainspring housing is inserted, the lateral width of the magazine to mean the narrow side that faces the mainspring housing when inserted into the handgun.
  • 3. Must meet the criteria listed in the appendix of the current rule book as well as that listed above.
  • 4. The gun must be viewed by NROI prior to its acceptance. 5. A production gun approval form filled out and signed and returned to NROI.

Edited by Whoops!

Are you sure they're the same parts and that's the only difference?

Yep. Been posted about in a few threads on the CZ forums.

Whoops can you point me to where glock put a external bushing on their guns?

CZC IS the manufacture or at least sole importer of them. Would it be ok if glock in Smyrna GA put a bushing on their guns or not because it wasn't done in Austria?

No, I don't believe anyone has ever put an external bushing on a Glock. It's the principle of the external bushing that I'm talking about here.

CZCustom customizes platforms for competition, it goes against what Production Division has stood for. It's a reason guns haven't been approved for production division in the past.