Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lighting for gun safes

rgvwheeler

I have the two little lights that came with my Liberty and they work OK. Although they seem to go through a lot of batteries. Which is no big deal as I use rechargables. I did add a garage-sale gooseneck desk lamp hung over the top to add some serious illumination on those occasions I feel the need. I would like some hi-speed, lo-drag rope lighting inside but haven't gotten there yet.

Costco has for about $27 a four part LED light strip kit in our stores. At that price, I bought 2, and then used about 6 sections - attached them all the way around inside the perimeter of the door frame like the factory light installs I saw. I did have to put an outlet in the safe, but I was doing that anyway for the golden rod dehumidifier.

I've got them in my safe. Bought from Amazon. I find they work good. Set inside just enough so that most of the time they will turn on when I'm just near the open door. Sometimes I have to reach inside the plane of the doors and they turn on. I'm happy enough with them. Sure, rope lights or LED strips would be nice, but I'm not going to drill through my safe for power.

If you have an outlet in your safe go and get some of those rope lights they are selling for Christmas the white ones and 1 length will light your whole safe well at least in my FATBOYjr.

Like these: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Holiday-Time-LED-15-Rope-Light-Clear/27247976

I use the rope lights and leave them on. They are just warm enough to act like a dehumidifier.

• 2 weeks later...